joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/14 Snowstorm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured 9 inches in Piscataway.  Just a half hour before that my friend measured 8 so that's two inch per hour rates we're getting.  Temp is 12.

I just measured 9 inches as well. On radar you can see the band of heavy snow collapsing southeast, so we don't have too much longer to go. But an awesome storm.

I just measured 9 inches as well. On radar you can see the band of heavy snow collapsing southeast, so we don't have too much longer to go. But an awesome storm.

Yeah I see that but there's also still a lot more coming up from the southwest so we'll see what happens.  Would love to get to a foot and I think it's within reach.

Band or no band you are still gonna get more accumulating snow. More bands can still fire up to the west as I see some trying now on Radarscope.

Snow is changing from a smooth beach sand like look to a much more structured dendrite now. You can see the snowpack is developing a coarser texture on top and is sparkling like diamonds. I think the accumulations are beginning to build again. We have around 4-6" on the ground, could get another 4" maybe. 8-10" looks like a solid possibility, not too shabby.

Yeah I see that but there's also still a lot more coming up from the southwest so we'll see what happens.  Would love to get to a foot and I think it's within reach.

Actually you can see on the latest radar frames the southeast collapse of the heavy band stopping with a lot more heavy banding still to come from the southwest.

Archived