joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21 Clipper that's not a Clipper Thread

DDweatherman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not worried about temperatures today. We have been over this before. Previous day's temperature has minimal to zero effect on snow sticking the next day.

Sun angle is a bigger concern, if anything.

I am not worried about temps at all. My initial comment was a nowcast obs to see what may happen later. In an ever-changing atmosphere, you never know what may sneak up on you. We're all trying to learn something, including the pros I would hope. I do appreciate all the responses.

OH MY!!! Read DT's self proclaiming weather god!!! You almost want things to fail so he can fail!!! Anyways, seriously thinking the 20:1 may only happen on the NW fringes of this thing and then there is less precip there so it offsets. The winds and drifting are gonna make the measure very very hard! CWG of a broad brush 4 to 7" looks good and I bet a few folks get 8 to 10 but in local areas, especially if we get some convection going but pinpointing the banding local stuff will be what tomorrow is all about!! 

Edit: should have also said the 20:1 may be closer to at the end of the event too.. but seriously, I am not met - believe them and be happy for anything greater than 10:1... 

Archived