joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not a bust after all? Bright banding about to move into SW Wake Co. toward me.

Indeed, some of that enhanced reflectivity may be indicative of the melting layer as it is about 2k' up from the site.  Interested to see how quick you flip, and if the temp hovers in the mid 30's, or does it go isothermal.

Facing the reality of no snow here in the triad, lets take a moment to face what has happened (very wet) and how that will affect us overnight and into tomorrow. Black ice problems will be SEVERE tomorrow morning and beyond. I do expect two hour delays if not cancellations around the region. The roads were not pretreated from what i can tell. And the temps around the low teens will negate any treatment anyway. So be careful folks!

Yep. It will be a mess tomorrow morning. Still debating whether or not to park at the top of my neighborhood as we have a very long steep hill that I have to go up. I hate to park up there though because there have been a lot of car break ins recently in town. Not trying to turn this into a school closing thread, but I don't see a delay doing any good if it's supposed to be below freezing all day.

im confused which thread we're in for this thing lol. 40 degrees here in cary and cloudy. like the look of the radar for raleigh to rocky mount. especially from rocky mount to vab.

Always happens when we split obs / disco, I personally prefer just one thread for everything, but we always seem to end up reverting back to the split.

I was going to ask the same thing. I'm right on the edge of the band. 

Yeah I mean the hrrr is showing my area getting a good amount more but I just dont see it on the current radar. But I'm not very knowledgeable compared to most on this forum.

Archived