joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to late Jan cold talk

Ian

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Son of Vortex longer lasting but I don't think as windy.

Yeah.. haven't seen as impressive of low temp potential yet but the duration is a big difference. As cold as the last shot was it was in and out in like 30 seconds.

No they are not.  This is not a case where we're going to get .75 liquid.   Getting 0.1 to 0.2 liquid equivalent would be a victory. 

f60.gif

This is not a bad h5 depiction, with the trough orientation setting up in almost an optimal spot for I95 areas to get some enhancement from the SLP deepening. Definitely agree w/Wes and Bob on this one having a little potential, but pretty likely 1-2" is a lock at this point if runs can hold. There is that upside though with the trough slowly getting better oriented for us each run. 

f60.gif

Some models on board for an areawide 1-2" for Tuesday with high ratio snow looking likely. 20-1's this time around could be possible, Wes agrees. Upside potential with coastal low deepening off of Atlantic (OXB/ORF) coast. 

I don't think there is a whole lot of upside with the clipper.   If we get 0.20" liquid which is on the high end of what is probably possible there could be a stripe where someone get 3 or 4 inches but I sure wouldn't yet forecast that as there also is the possibility that the NAM's QPF or last night's euro could be right. 

I don't think there is a whole lot of upside with the clipper.   If we get 0.20" liquid which is on the high end of what is probably possible there could be a stripe where someone get 3 or 4 inches but I sure wouldn't yet forecast that as there also is the possibility that the NAM's QPF or last night's euro could be right. 

Understood wes, I should clarify: .2" is about the upside I had in mind with a low enhancing us a bit. 

Archived