Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Part 3

mreaves

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mangled cat paws starting to mix down here in Stowe village, nice to see that it's dumping up on the mountain. Wish I could have gone skiing today.

I just got home and it's pouring below 1,000ft but yeah occassionally mixing. It's like chunky rain. I mean it's really coming down up above 1,300-1,500ft+.

Sweet "Near Term" discussion out of BTV this afternoon...ski patrol reported 2" in an hour up at 3,600ft, and have 3" of wet snow as of 4pm up above 3,000ft, though have noted the snow rates have significantly fallen off.

No real accumulation though even at 1,500ft...there was about a half inch of slush during the heaviest snow, but it looks to have probably melted back via the Stowe web cam.

Its still raining down in town.

March_15.gif

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 8 AM SUNDAY MORNING/...
AS OF 257 PM EDT SATURDAY...COLD FRONT CONTINUES TO CROSS REGION
THIS AFTERNOON. WARM SOUTH FLOW OUT AHEAD OF THE FRONT ALLOWED
TEMPERATURES TO REACH THE 40S IN MOST LOCATIONS FOR HIGHS TODAY.
PERIODS OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS CONTINUE OUT AHEAD AND ALONG THE
FRONT...ESPECIALLY IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN WHERE UPSLOPE FLOW IS
ENHANCING PRECIPITATION. THERE MAY BE AN INCREASE IN INTENSITY
RIGHT ALONG THE FRONT...WHERE A BRIEF PERIOD OF HEAVIER RAIN OR
SNOW MAY OCCUR...ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN.
WEST/SOUTHWEST UPSLOPE FLOW THIS AFTERNOON WILL TURN
WEST/NORTHWEST BEHIND FRONT WITH UPSLOPE ENHANCED RAIN/SNOW
CONTINUING INTO THE EVENING. WITH FROUDE NUMBERS JUST GREATER THAN
1 INDICATING UNBLOCKED FLOW...GREATEST COVERAGE AND PRECIPITATION
AMOUNTS WILL OCCUR RIGHT ALONG AND JUST DOWNWIND OF THE MOUNTAINS.
THIS IS ALREADY OCCURRING THIS AFTERNOON WHERE OBSERVED REPORTS
CONFIRM LITTLE TO NOTHING OCCURRING IN UNDERHILL/JERICHO WITH
STEADY SNOW ON MOUNT MANSFIELD AND IN STOWE. THIS SHOULD
GRADUALLY TAPER OFF AFTER 03Z AS DRIER AIR WORKS INTO THE
REGION...HOWEVER CHANCES FOR MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE
THROUGH THE NIGHT. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 2-4" IN THE
HIGHEST ELEVATIONS ARE EXPECTED...AND GENERALLY LESS THAN AN INCH
ELSEWHERE...WITH VERY LITTLE TO NO ACCUMULATIONS IN THE LARGER
VALLEYS. TEMPERATURES WILL FALL STEADILY BEHIND THE FRONT...WITH
FAIRLY ROBUST COLD AIR ADVECTION ON GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS. LOOKING
AT LOWS BY MORNING IN THE SINGLE DIGITS AND TEENS.

Still some moisture to the west, so we'll have to see if we may be cold enough in the valleys for a dusting of snow by then.

March_15b.gif

Some don't gather this winter was RELATIVELY poor for spine.

The spine's worst winter at 3k is better than ORH's best i think.

huh? Thanks Jspin 2,Pickles the Greens new resident climo expert. By the way Pickles been meaning to ask how much of the 20+ that fell was upslope,I know you were extremely worried. The guys in PFs bar nailed it.

huh? Thanks Jspin 2,Pickles the Greens new resident climo expert. By the way Pickles been meaning to ask how much of the 20+ that fell was upslope,I know you were extremely worried. The guys in PFs bar nailed it.

Lol

you may more likely be confused (on what i forecast)?

or just generally upset that i didnt say "uplsope will be great/huge/big" etc instead of saying it will not be a classic uplsope and winds go more northerly quickly and 4-8 fluff post synoptic.

I called for that amount to fall in n greens..if u look at my post, it was pretty much dead on ...so thanks.

If the low was sittin near FVE they would have approached another foot in upslope and it would have been worth while imo to get time off work for (to watch 3 feet fall) nice big storm 22-24 inches n greens but the upslope response was simply not "big" 4-8" fluff falls when a moose farts there gimxy!!!!

In the context of my post ..im not sure what asking me how much uplsope i called for establishes except you not paying attention to my posts or saying well done on a accurate call. But i figure your just givin me grief for disagreeing that Jspins data has enough years to be accurate within (say 10%) either way man when u skiing next?

I think they will do well tonite and pick up 6-10 up high and 3-6 at base.

I plan on going to Bolton tomm nite and skiing all day monday. Yaaaaaaa

Lol actually I have never once used that particular word on this forum.

Yeah it's been used by some of us but you aren't one of them, haha. You do a good job of keeping it objective on here.

That band means business...just got a text that groomers are hunkering down in place due to whiteout conditions. Can't see their last pass or the sides of trails. That job has always intrigued me as being on hill just watching storms at night would be epic (see what I did there) haha.

Yeah it's been used by some of us but you aren't one of them, haha. You do a good job of keeping it objective on here.

That band means business...just got a text that groomers are hunkering down in place due to whiteout conditions. Can't see their last pass or the sides of trails. That job has always intrigued me as being on hill just watching storms at night would be epic (see what I did there) haha.

grooming is an artform,hardy people who take pride in their handiwork. Partied with a bunch over the years,good peeps.

Archived