Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Part 3

mreaves

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Event totals: 2.4” Snow/0.09” L.E.

I saw that it had started snowing late last night, and there was 2.4” on the board this morning from the overnight clipper system.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 2.4 inches

New Liquid: 0.09 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 26.7

Snow Density: 3.8% H2O

Temperature: 21.9 F

Sky: Flurries

Snow at the stake: 14.0 inches

There’s been another tenth of an inch that’s accumulated from the flurries that have been falling, but it sounds like this system will be winding down.  Our forecast for this event was 1-3” as I recall, so the accumulation seems to fit right in there.

The next opportunities for snow are a second clipper that is expected to affect the area tonight into tomorrow with similar accumulations, a larger coastal storm on Wednesday/Thursday for which Winter Storm Watches have been issued, and then another storm toward the weekend.

ECM and the 6z GFS in pretty darn good agreement... widespread 1"+ QPF across all of NNE even to the VT/Canada border.

Now we just need the NAM and meso-models to come on-board.  GGEM was solid, too.

Winter Storm Watches issued for all.

I’ve added the advisories graphic below, it’s still preliminary without a headline at this point, but you can see the entire area covered with Winter Storm Watches aside from southern New Hampshire:

10MAR14A.jpg

I’ve also added the summary text from the BTV NWS Facebook Page:

10MAR14B.jpg

BTV's map... seems to line up nicely to what GYX has.

10MAR14C.jpg

Thanks for grabbing that one – I guess it’s from the BTV NWS Facebook Page since there’s not one up on the BTV NWS homepage yet.

Early 12z Triple A level models are coming in more north and amped.  To be honest, its fine and can even tick back south to make sure all our NNE friends have an all-snowy solution.

The Major League models though are coming in the next 2-3 hours.

The 12z NAM just destroyed the Adirondacks, Greens, and Whites with up to 1.5" total liquid... but I loved this panel.  Its like its saying "Eyewall, don't worry, we've got BTV covered too."

I’ve added the advisories graphic below, it’s still preliminary without a headline at this point, but you can see the entire area covered with Winter Storm Watches aside from southern New Hampshire:

10MAR14A.jpg

I’ve also added the summary text from the BTV NWS Facebook Page:

10MAR14B.jpg

Thanks for grabbing that one – I guess it’s from the BTV NWS Facebook Page since there’s not one up on the BTV NWS homepage yet.

We're in the process of phasing out that page as we transition over to weather.gov/btv, so the headlines are now on the new page.

I got a kick reading the pinned thread about the upcoming system. Some people were just salivating over the possibility of the trends continuing northward and everyone having their parade rained on.

I'm looking forward to having the type of big dumper that always seemed to be going south & east of us this winter finally happen here in NW NNE.

Early 12z Triple A level models are coming in more north and amped.  To be honest, its fine and can even tick back south to make sure all our NNE friends have an all-snowy solution.

The Major League models though are coming in the next 2-3 hours.

The 12z NAM just destroyed the Adirondacks, Greens, and Whites with up to 1.5" total liquid... but I loved this panel.  Its like its saying "Eyewall, don't worry, we've got BTV covered too."

attachicon.gifNAM.PNG

Looking good for sure!

The GFS model soundings keep us safe from tainting for now, but it could be a concern if  this thing comes too far north. For now we are in good shape though ;).

Personally after the winter of fringe jobs, I'd almost rather be playing with the devil in one of these systems.  I do hope the ECM comes in a bit cooler though for our SNH/SME friends.

Personally after the winter of fringe jobs, I'd almost rather be playing with the devil in one of these systems.  I do hope the ECM comes in a bit cooler though for our SNH/SME friends.

I agree. Waiting on the Euro run now.

Personally after the winter of fringe jobs, I'd almost rather be playing with the devil in one of these systems. I do hope the ECM comes in a bit cooler though for our SNH/SME friends.

Don't cry for me Argentina. We've done well this winter. It's NNE's time to shine.

Don't cry for me Argentina. We've done well this winter. It's NNE's time to shine.

You'll still get your snow anyway in this...even if there's a lot of taint in the middle. Even the amped solutions sting you with a few hours of powder in the closing hours.

Archived