• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Part 3

mreaves

Really wonder where this convective band that's spinning into SNE sets up once it gets north. Getting a bit concerned it might ride right through here like the last band. What that would mean is jackpot is even further west than VT, but let's wait and see, perhaps some more eastern movement with the low, ironically for once, helps us out!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleet is gone, back to thick dendrites here. Should be  a fun night. The amount of moisture feeding in from the south is intense.  And the shift in central PA is pretty interesting.  This is a heck of a storm- some aspect are truly phenomenal. 

In any event, the higher summits must've pulled down decent numbers tonight, and we're already out of the "getting screwed" zone so far as this winter is concerned.  It's all gravy from here on out.

Lol quite the update. I was on the page and it said 4-8"...my buddy said it said "10-14" for him. I update it, and sure enough...lol.

I think we can get 3-5" though?

I'm not too gung-ho on this. I'm thinking 1-3" more here. Maybe 3-5" for LEB? TSPL would be pretty cool though.

NAM semi-screws you VT guys...deformation creams the capital district of NY up through GFL.

The NAM may be right with that. We are coming in short so far with a better band in Eastern NY and extending just southeast of us. Accurate measurement is not possible with the wind but I thing BTV could bust. We shall see.

The NAM may be right with that. We are coming in short so far with a better band in Eastern NY and extending just southeast of us. Accurate measurement is not possible with the wind but I thing BTV could bust. We shall see.

I was skeptical when I went to bed last night but it looks like we were walloped at some point and it's still coming down. Just looking out at my deck it looks like we are closing in on the low end of the predicted range.

Event totals: 6.0” Snow/0.70” L.E.

I didn’t clear the snowboard at midnight last night, since there was only about an inch or so on it, and the snow had really shut off since we appeared to be in the dry slot of the storm.  This morning the board had 4.4” on it, and it was impressively dense with 0.57” of liquid in it.  This is just what the off piste and remaining natural snow trails needed though in terms of liquid equivalent, if this can be topped off with some fluff the skiing should be great.  The snow continues to come down heavily, with small flakes in general.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 4.4 inches

New Liquid: 0.57 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 7.7

Snow Density: 13.0% H2O

Temperature: 23.2 F

Sky: Snow/Heavy Snow (1-5 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 14.0 inches

I’ve added the latest storm total projection map from the BTV NWS below; it’s been generally tapered back a bit to the 14-18” shading along the spine:

14FEB14A.jpg

Archived