Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Part 3

mreaves

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWT?

Stands for "As We Thought". I picked that up somewhere along the journey of being a professional lurker here...lol.  The one I still can't figure out is the "GC" I see all the time on the other threads!

New Map!

What's with the lower totals in the NEK? Shadowing off the Whites?  Anyway, we look pretty good as of now.  I have to admit, I haven't really been feeling this one until today.  Thought there were too many things that could go wrong and the fact we were/are relying almost exclusively on the backlash band.

Hope tonight and early tomorrow pan out as to the current thinking.  Vermont Weenie Strong! :lol:

Stands for "As We Thought". I picked that up somewhere along the journey of being a professional lurker here...lol.  The one I still can't figure out is the "GC" I see all the time on the other threads!

What's with the lower totals in the NEK? Shadowing off the Whites?  Anyway, we look pretty good as of now.  I have to admit, I haven't really been feeling this one until today.  Thought there were too many things that could go wrong and the fact we were/are relying almost exclusively on the backlash band.

Hope tonight and early tomorrow pan out as to the current thinking.  Vermont Weenie Strong! :lol:

Gc is gods country.

"GC" is shorthand for God's Country which the SNE posters use to refer to the Berkshires, although we know that the true GC lies north of there.

I have felt for a while that we would be doing ok with this, 6" - 8" maybe.  My excitement level increased markedly with Nittany's post earlier this afternoon.  My point and click has 10"-18"

• Late Afternoon Snow. High near 26. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. North wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
  • Friday Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 28. Northwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

"GC" is shorthand for God's Country which the SNE posters use to refer to the Berkshires, although we know that the true GC lies north of there.

I have felt for a while that we would be doing ok with this, 6" - 8" maybe.  My excitement level increased markedly with Nittany's post earlier this afternoon.  My point and click has 10"-18"

• Late Afternoon Snow. High near 26. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. North wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
  • Friday Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 28. Northwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

True dat!

I took pics and vids, but it doesn't do it justice.

0.14SM vis at my local RWIS. 1/2" in 5 minutes.

well, you got your 6"/hr that was rumored to be happening down south.  

Snow's picked up here to moderate.  Boy, I'm really happy to be here right now.

Archived