Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Medium Range Model Disco

Ji

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every last one of them will be drier than

GFS will have no storms or apps runners for the entire run.     The spirit of Eeyore has taken over.

Every last one of them will be drier than

GFS will have no storms or apps runners for the entire run.     The spirit of Eeyore has taken over.

yep..every time models show cold and dry...i think of.......

Amplified ul fast flow is tough. Weekend can't amplify because the previous is still getting out of the way. The 17th vort is much more amplified than on the 6z run. Models are going to spray us with various solutions. 

The fact that both pass underneath us bears watching. Final solution won't look like this run or even the next 8+. 

Bob Chill is not feeling funny or humored by 12z gfs op. Bob Chill also likes his chicken spicy. 

Bob Chill has observed all vorts to come in more amplified as leads shorten. This observation leaves Bob Chill remaining interested in the weekend and the 22nd-23rd. 

Bob Chill thinks the euro better come in good or Ji's thread is a disaster of epoch propositions. 

Bob Chill is not feeling funny or humored by 12z gfs op. Bob Chill also likes his chicken spicy. 

Bob Chill has observed all vorts to come in more amplified as leads shorten. This observation leaves Bob Chill remaining interested in the weekend and the 22nd-23rd. 

Bob Chill thinks the euro better come in good or Ji's thread is a disaster of epoch propositions. 

Bob Chill has turned into Bob Dole.

At 192, GFS tries....but just in time to get NE

A near endless stream of strong vortmaxes passing to our south with an abundant supply of cold air.  Yup, sounds super boring. 

Jokes aside, I don't get the op verbatim hugging at times past 3-4 days. Running the h5 loop is much more beneficial than surface panels. I pretty much guarantee the 12z gefs members are going to be more bullish than the op. 

We can get blanked but there are plenty of chances of getting blanked as opposed to a 15 day pac firehose. 

Jokes aside, I don't get the op verbatim hugging at times past 3-4 days. Running the h5 loop is much more beneficial than surface panels. I pretty much guarantee the 12z gefs members are going to be more bullish than the op. 

We can get blanked but there are plenty of chances of getting blanked as opposed to a 15 day pac firehose. 

It's a good run..anything before the 22nd is gravy...we willl reload early next week...then it is on....Davis/Snowshoe are going to crush in that pattern

It's a good run..anything before the 22nd is gravy...we willl reload early next week...then it is on....Davis/Snowshoe are going to crush in that pattern

Global ensembles have been bullish for possible split flow and ss interaction for quite a few days now. This was a major bullish op run for that. I'm kinda feeling it but in a paranoid and preconditioned fail kinda way. 

Global ensembles have been bullish for possible split flow and ss interaction for quite a few days now. This was a major bullish op run for that. I'm kinda feeling it but in a paranoid and preconditioned fail kinda way. 

It is about as good as DC can do without a block and a Nino

I hope so.  Our bread and butter cross country skiing has been hurting so far this season.

I don't think skiing is great anywhere in the east right now...though fortunately the early cold has allowed good snowmaking for the resorts

Maybe having snow chances every 36-48 hours for the next 10+ days starting this weekend is not fun for folks. 

I could see us getting 1" this weekend in DC..i know that won't excite most, but we are in good climo now...

Honestly, I'm not sure why there's such doom and gloom in here. This is the BEST look we've seen in years. Might mean nothing but even the thought of something is better than the last two years. They were horrific.

Archived