joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th Threat

Bob Chill

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure how well it will stick during the day..we tend to ignore the surface and BL here in dc metro or say dumb things like "there is time for it to work itself out"...which almost never happens...it is 34 and snowing and sticks to a cartop if hard enough

not sure how well it will stick during the day..we tend to ignore the surface and BL here in dc metro or say dumb things like "there is time for it to work itself out"...which almost never happens...it is 34 and snowing and sticks to a cartop if hard enough

Yea, the only thing that can save us is the fact that the low deepens and has a good track. Precip would be organized and relatively heavy on the nw side.

That is entirely realistic based on what the models are showing

It is but it's a good vort pass and decent suface low track and it's 5 days away. No reason not to have fun with it even if it sucks in the end. There were enough GEFS members on board as well. We have nothing else to track either. 

I know that... just poking Ji cause you know he hates the tiny snow events

i think after 3 years, We are are due a real snowstorm. We have a right to complain about small events...they are getting old. We need a winter storm warning where the accumulation forecast is 8-12. I am not even asking for a KU

i think after 3 years, We are are due a real snowstorm. We have a right to complain about small events...they are getting old. We need a winter storm warning where the accumulation forecast is 8-12. I am not even asking for a KU

I agree but Jan isn't the best month for big ones. Maybe towards the end. If we can hold onto a similar lw pattern that has been persistent since met winter started I would say Feb will deliver but that's so far away that it isn't even worth discussing. 

This event is flawed but these types of systems can be dynamic as they pass. It may end up surprising. I like the look and hate the temps. Can't say much else. 

Wasn't the temp forecast for Sunday about 4 days ago 60's?

We need about 5 degrees. No reason at all to think we can't get that. And no reason to think it won't be wetter, just like practically every system we've had. At least the pieces are there.

actually there is every reason to think that for us in DC....

that is a KU

Archived