Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014 Pt II

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 11, I think we see the lowest temps of the season overnight beating out the last "polar vortex."

I am very anxious to see how low you guys get. The GFS has been consistently below zero for tonight's low for KMDT every single run for days. Up here in Ithaca, we are already at -8F tonight. Brrrr

I have done snow removal since for ever, long before some of you were born and i honestly never really seen this . The little bit that fell after i was done, 1/2- 3/4" stuck to the pavement like ice. It really is harder then a wedding peter! I can not for the life of me get it to bare ground. I honestly dont get cold often, but tonight my fingers actually hurt from being cold . That effing wind stings. 430 is gonna suck!

AllWeather I see you lurking...

Hi!

Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the week ahead because of today's system. But aad MAG said (I think yesterday?), the pattern for the next 2 weeks will be dictated by the northern stream, and will look very similar to what we are/will be seeing shortly -- thus, some of these northern branch storms may appear as a close miss with passing snow showers, only to trend more amped as the sampling gets better. We could be in for a fun couple weeks. Here's for hoping for some downstream blocking!

I have done snow removal since for ever, long before some of you were born and i honestly never really seen this . The little bit that fell after i was done, 1/2- 3/4" stuck to the pavement like ice. It really is harder then a wedding peter! I can not for the life of me get it to bare ground. I honestly dont get cold often, but tonight my fingers actually hurt from being cold . That effing wind stings. 430 is gonna suck!

Glad it wasn't just me! I gave up trying to scrape it off with the sharp edge of a metal snow shovel.

Oh I also just saw two guys riding motorcycles. What the F?

Hi!

Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the week ahead because of today's system. But aad MAG said (I think yesterday?), the pattern for the next 2 weeks will be dictated by the northern stream, and will look very similar to what we are/will be seeing shortly -- thus, some of these northern branch storms may appear as a close miss with passing snow showers, only to trend more amped as the sampling gets better. We could be in for a fun couple weeks. Here's for hoping for some downstream blocking!

Thanks for the info. Man we need a classic hit-em-all S/MECS.

Snow started here in Lancaster at 630am, and the last few flakes fell right around 930pm. 15 hour snowfall!

it was a nice event here in the LSV.  thanks to you, Mag and any other red taggers that kept it real in the best forum on the board.  Here's to the next one...and the next...and the next.  Sounds like a nice pattern taking shape, and hearing whispers of a potential -nao in the LONGer term bodes well for this snownut.

Nut

I checked the back ruler and it was 10.75. There was blowing and compaction so not sure how accurate my tally is with the blowing. Fox 43 reported 10 in Shrewsbury so it appears on par, but who knows.

After the last few years it has been unreal down here. I think our terrain really helps totals from Red Lion to Shrewsbury. We are close to the coastal tracks, and high elevation enough to milk as much as possible from systems.

Great event & I hope we all get a largescale Mecs soon!

Voyager

Man I feel bad for you!!! You need to move :-)

Yeah, it's pretty tough in my location. The mountains eat up the moisture in most clipper situations. Other than the rouge, exceptionally strong lake effect streamer, LES bands really doesn't make it here, and the coastals are usually too far south and/or east for me.

Archived