Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I hope we both need snowshovels!

All systems are go at this point. It might not be a "storm" but it's going to be fun. Tomorrow will be the most wintry morning in many years. 

Amen to that!  My snow shovel has accumulated more dust in the back of a closet than snow in the past 3 years!

Like the trends everyone has been mentioning, and the obs.  Let's hope it's a positive sign.

Stickage by 7?

possibly..DCA is running about 3 degrees below NAM guidance and 1 degree below GFS guidance...both models have DCA at 35 at 7pm...I think you should be around 32-33, so I wouldn't be surprised to see stickage given it is dark if we have rates...not sure about street for me and you until after 9 or 10

On the grass probably. Maybe earlier. Streets prob more like after 10 in the city.

I'd expect as soon as the sun starts to set on grass etc unless we have no rates. DCA about 30 min before it stops.

As long as that thermometer reads > 32F, i'm not getting too excited.  How quick we forget the lessons of December and marginal temps.  Give me something to cover the road and dust the backyard, and my expectations will be met for this system.

Completely different than December event. Temps are going to crash with this event.

Archived