• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

BTV is -8F with 1.25sm -SN...wind chill -26F.

Not bad for midday temps. This is about as extreme as it gets for snow temps up this way.

Wind chills running -20 to -40 in spots now.

I have to say I am impressed by it, eventhough it isn't a big event. I have never seen it snow at temps this low in person until now. BTV lowered our highs in the grids as temps are holding pretty steady.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive that snow is falling with temps near zero, but otherwise it's been thoroughly underwhelming here. Closed schools for 3" of gently falling fluff FTL (especially when I'm stuck trying to work from home with 3 kids who've already had an 11-day vacation).

Impressive that snow is falling with temps near zero, but otherwise it's been thoroughly underwhelming here. Closed schools for 3" of gently falling fluff FTL (especially when I'm stuck trying to work from home with 3 kids who've already had an 11-day vacation).

Very, very large overreaction in most areas today. 

Most of the southeast part of MA stayed open despite this being the area where the most snow may fall. 

OES cranking now.  Definitive uptick in the last 30

I have to say I am impressed by it, eventhough it isn't a big event. I have never seen it snow at temps this low in person until now. BTV lowered our highs in the grids as temps are holding pretty steady.

My daughter is in Keeseville, NY, full heat on in the car and it's still cold.

-11F with a windchill of -32f

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:12911.1.99999

Very, very large overreaction in most areas today. 

Most of the southeast part of MA stayed open despite this being the area where the most snow may fall. 

OES cranking now.  Definitive uptick in the last 30

It seems that increasingly there's a herd mentality in which people get caught up in the regional/national hype typified by the ridiculous Weather Channel naming of winter storms and don't use their judgment in assessing the most likely local impacts. The mindset seems to be, "Big winter storm to affect the East Coast. Hercules is bearing down -- better cancel everything!"

Anyway, back to obs: Still flurrying and cold.

Archived