SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2014 Obs

tnweathernut

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome that's it snowing in Memphis! Robert was right about the models not picking up on the coverage of the precip.

8aneze2e.jpg

It just started flurrying here!!!!! Blue Ridge have you noticed the returns moving from the northeast? It's almost like you can see the convergence on radar. The snow was whipping in from the east too.

Just 2 hours John? That's crazy! I feel like a bad word if I don't get at least 8 hours of sleep!

1234, I did notice that. JC city schools have closed for the day. Meanwhile, WJHL's morning jet is doing a fine job of ignoring the current conditions.

Nothing falling at home in Erwin. My father just called to report that N State of Franklin is covered and snow continues to fall.

The snow is so fine here that the cars and road is now covered while the grass is not! Every school system will probably be getting out soon. They get out if the sun comes out nowadays. Looks like the band may be slowing working its way northwest for now.

1234, I did notice that. JC city schools have closed for the day. Meanwhile, WJHL's morning jet is doing a fine job of ignoring the current conditions.

Nothing falling at home in Erwin. My father just called to report that N State of Franklin is covered and snow continues to fall.

From WCYB:

jagy8e7a.jpg

Don't sound too good. That puts parents in a tough spot.

Quote  17 degrees here, TYS says a dewpoint of -1.  Congrats to those getting snow!  Hoping we get some good returns here to turn the tide.

Stove

This is probably the wrong place to post this but what is the best app to look at radar returns on an iPhone.

May the snow gods be with us today.

Quote  17 degrees here, TYS says a dewpoint of -1.  Congrats to those getting snow!  Hoping we get some good returns here to turn the tide.

Stove

This is probably the wrong place to post this but what is the best app to look at radar returns on an iPhone.

In my opinion the best radar app out there is RadarScope but it costs 10 dollars. But that is well worth the investment, especially when severe weather season rolls around.

Just went out to throw salt down and the snow has picked up in intensity. Pics coming soon.

Looks to me like some dry air has forced itself down the spine of the apps as the snow that was approaching seemed to dissolve into north JC (south side of town into Erwin is dry as a bone), and now the returns have started to fill in, but it's virga.  Will be interesting to see this play out as the RAP is crazy wet (3-4 inches around KTRI), yet the hires NAM is around 1/2 inch.  I am guessing somewhere in between will win with around an inch or so, but that's just a guess.

Stove

Yes, RadarScope is by far the best money I've ever spent on an app.  It's what Reed Timmer and Jim Cantore use!  It now has dual pol with precip type depiction.  A ridiculously good app for 10 bucks.

Archived