• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2014 Obs

tnweathernut

And this one fizzled right out. Poor MRX, can't catch a break. The one night they have no advisories, several of us get advisory level snows. Every time we get an advisory, virga storms happen and we barely get flakes at all. 

Extended looks like more of the same. 3 more clippers in the next week, somewhere between a flizzard and an inch possible if you're lucky. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar returns have blossomed over the past thirty minutes. So far, it's nothing more than a virga blizzard - save for a brief moment of "something" falling on campus (ETSU). Temperatures are a concern, though the HRRR has looked impressive for very heavy snow showers across the Tri-Cities this afternoon once the cold has moved in.

Downsloping is killing NE TN and SW VA right now. The Cumberlands in Kentucky are like a wall. Not much going on here, it snowed enough earlier to dismiss schools, but nothing much since, I don't think this one will make it to an inch either. I swear I used to love hearing Clipper, I've never saw this many in a row be such big misses.

Archived