• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2014 Obs

tnweathernut

Well it's only fair if we have to suffer that much cold that we get a little snow :) Now I'm going to enjoy it and wait on a big one I feel in my bones for this year. I hope. We are way overdue.

Agreed!  This quarter inch of white yard with the arctic temps will make for some awesome sledding tomorrow.  Too bad I have to work, but it's not like it's going to melt right?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed!  This quarter inch of white yard with the arctic temps will make for some awesome sledding tomorrow.  Too bad I have to work, but it's not like it's going to melt right?

Not if it's mostly cloudy and around 16 all day tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up some more snow overnight and in the morning due to NW flow winds.

I read that today about snow evaporating with it being that cold. What a shame the moisture has to leave so fast. This could have been a good one. I know zip about weather except that my father always told me our good snow has to come from the south. So this is just bonus snow.

1234 it literally happened here in the time it took me to take a shower.

John, I went outside and that is really cold air already. I can't imagine (or remember) what it will feel like when the really cold gets here. And I went to Walgreens in the 50s not that long ago.

Hopefully it holds together and gets you some snow. It was impressive here. Had about an hour of 1/4th to 1/2 mile vis. Light arctic snow is going across Middle TN, that will be moving into East Tennessee too. Currently 1 mile vis in Crossville with 20 degrees.

38 and it's still raining. I'm always the last to turn over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winding down here now with just light snow blowing around.  I'd say we ended up with a half inch maybe, certainly enough to get everything white.  Maybe we'll cash in on some bonus overnight flakes but I'm pleased with this. 

Congrats to all that got some!  Cheers to more winter possibilities!  :guitar:

Arctic snow filling the air now. That foggy look to the streetlights is back, also some blowing snow out there. 

This from TDOT from the Campbell Co line to the Kentucky line..

ROADWEATHER Interstate 75 both directions in Campbell County - Between MILE MARKER 130 (Mile Marker: 130) and TENNESSEE-KENTUCKY STATE LINE, extremely hazardous winter road conditions were reported at 1/5/2014 11:00:00 AM (Eastern Time Zone) with motorists advised to use caution on this roadway.

I'm working out in the Ocoee gorge on hwy 64 today, and the mountains are definitely enhancing snowfall this morning. There was no accumulation at all when I got here at 7, but it has been snowing lightly since then, and now the ground is starting to turn white. Temp is 18 and falling.

TDOT rundown from 9 this morning on East Tennessee.

9am TDOT Update

District 17

All counties (Hancock, Hawkins, Hamblen, Greene, Washington, Unicoi, Sullivan, Carter and Johnson) have a dusting to 1" except the mountains which have 1"-2" inches. No roadway issues anywhere in the district. Light snow blowing with somewhat heavier snow in the mountain areas.

District 18

Knox, Union, Anderson: All roads have been treated. Roads wet.

Sevier: State routes 73, 416,and 454 are snow covered. All roads are being treated.

Cocke, Grainger: All roads have been treated.

Jefferson: Roads have been treated, county wide advisory patches of snow and ice.

Current weather conditions: Light snow area wide.

Snow fall totals: 1-2 inches outside of pavement.

District 19

Campbell: Snowing, 16 degrees, all routes have slick spots but crews are treating roadways as needed

Estimated to have 3" of snowfall

Claiborne: Snowing, 18 degrees, all routes snow covered but crews are treating roadways as needed

Estimated to have 2 ½ " of snowfall

Blount: No precipitation at this time, 6 degrees, routes are dry and all crews are treating roadways as needed

Estimated to have 1" of snowfall

Loudon: No precipitation at this time, 18 degrees, roads are dry, all crews are treating roadways as needed

Estimated to have ½ " of snowfall

Monroe: No precipitation at this time, 19 degrees, roads wet but drying, all crews are on their routes treating roadways as needed

Estimated to have 1 ½ " of snowfall in the valley with more on the mountain (SR165)

Morgan:Flurries, 15 degrees, possible patches of snow and ice on road but all crews are on their routes treating roadways as needed

Estimated to have 2" of snowfall

Roane: Flurries, roads wet with few slick spots, all crews are on their routes treating roadways as needed

Estimated to have less than ½ " of snowfall

Scott: Snowing, 14 degrees, all routes snow covered but crews are on their routes treating roadways as needed

Estimated to have 3" of snowfall

Archived