Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter

Isopycnic

I will read more and post less guys. sorry. :pimp:

How about just read more and whine less? Then again, that would jeopardize your shot at Whiner of the Year. I don't know what you should do. You obviously want to win. Who can blame you? Either way should be good from your standpoint. That's a good position in which to be.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out my Wunderground forecast. lol

Siloam Weather Forecast

clear.gif
51 | 32 °F
Clear
Chance of
Precipitation
0%

Thursday, 2
chancerain.gif
50 | 21 °F
Chance of Rain
Chance of
Precipitation
80%

Friday, 3
clear.gif
33 | 20 °F
Clear
Chance of
Precipitation
0%

Saturday, 4
clear.gif
42 | 29 °F
Clear
Chance of
Precipitation
0%

Sunday, 5
sleet.gif
49 | 34 °F
Ice Pellets
Chance of
Precipitation
60%

Monday, 6
snow.gif
43 | 17 °F
Snow
Chance of
Precipitation
60%

Tuesday, 7
clear.gif
29 | 15 °F
Clear
Chance of
Precipitation
0%

Wednesday, 8
partlycloudy.gif
38 | 23 °F
Partly Cloudy
Chance of
Precipitation
0%

Thursday, 9
sleet.gif
41 | 30 °F
Ice Pellets
Chance of
Precipitation
40%

Friday, 10
sleet.gif
47 | 30 °F
Ice Pellets
Chance of
Precipitation

Check out my Wunderground forecast. lol

Siloam Weather Forecast

clear.gif
51 | 32 °F
Clear
Chance of

Precipitation

0%

Thursday, 2
chancerain.gif
50 | 21 °F
Chance of Rain
Chance of

Precipitation

80%

Friday, 3
clear.gif
33 | 20 °F
Clear
Chance of

Precipitation

0%

Saturday, 4
clear.gif
42 | 29 °F
Clear
Chance of

Precipitation

0%

Sunday, 5
sleet.gif
49 | 34 °F
Ice Pellets
Chance of

Precipitation

60%

Monday, 6
snow.gif
43 | 17 °F
Snow
Chance of

Precipitation

60%

Tuesday, 7
clear.gif
29 | 15 °F
Clear
Chance of

Precipitation

0%

Wednesday, 8
partlycloudy.gif
38 | 23 °F
Partly Cloudy
Chance of

Precipitation

0%

Thursday, 9
sleet.gif
41 | 30 °F
Ice Pellets
Chance of

Precipitation

40%

Friday, 10
sleet.gif
47 | 30 °F
Ice Pellets
Chance of

Precipitation

I'm surprised NWS doesn't have snow in the grid for you tomorrow night. Blacksburg and Wakefield still going snow along the immediate VA border.... from yanceyville, nc to semora, nc to south boston va to south hill va.

I'm surprised NWS doesn't have snow in the grid for you tomorrow night. Blacksburg and Wakefield still going snow along the immediate VA border.... from yanceyville, nc to semora, nc to south boston va to south hill va.

They do mention mix..

.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...

THEN MOSTLY CLEAR WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS

AFTER MIDNIGHT. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. COOLER WITH LOWS

IN THE MID 20S. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO

35 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

Then they show this slight chance for a few days, but they almost never verify this far out! I live in down slope city...

.SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN MOSTLY

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT.

LOWS IN THE MID 20S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN IN

THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS

AROUND 50. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING...

THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER

20S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

.MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...

THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. COOLER

WITH HIGHS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

.MONDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN

THE EVENING...THEN MOSTLY CLEAR AFTER MIDNIGHT. COLDER WITH LOWS

15 TO 20. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS

10 ABOVE.

i cant forecast the future i dont even try to in fact, that is the point, some here no matter what the models say will post too warm, too cold, too dry, or whatever anti possible snow claim they can make......imo that stuff is WISHcasting and not based on any models or logic....anybody making claims about a storm several days away such as too dry or too warm are indeed proclaiming they KNOW the future and again i do NOT.

Don't mistake "prognosticating based on the data", with "reading a crystal ball".  The data - plus experience - is all we have.

dont think i am making that mistake........are you saying there are folks among us that CAN see the future.........i am talking about the proclamations a few make.

You know no one is saying that.  Their proclamations are based on interpreting the models, and I don't see how that is difficult to understand. What do you think your local TV Met uses to make his/her forecast?

i admit i have made a mistake in posting, please forget anything i have written for clearly i am WRONG.

You aren't wrong, just hard to understand. No one is saying it WILL or WON'T be a certain way. They are simply giving their interpretations of what model guidance and every other index known to weather people is showing.  

I will read more and post less guys.  sorry.    :pimp:

YOu give voice to what most are feeling, or will feel, or have felt, lol.  At least you aren't mean, and nasty like many are who feel what you feel.  I'm forever fascinated by the personality changes people go though over the freakin' weather.  Probably the one thing that can challenge the deep oceans over the inability for man to change, or understand in any but rudimentary ways.  We know more about space than the oceans, and if it wasn't for space we'd know very little about the weather, lol.  At least the science channel...the science channel ....assures me space aliens are behind everything man has done, or will do, and I'm sure they are controlling the weather as well.  And that is reassuring in some strange way....at least it explains the weather better than Bigfoot......

......what were we talking about? 

Football is almost over...no winter storms to track...glad I get to fish though!

ok then i must definitely be missing something lol.  other main thread seems to be ignoring a few things as do most so maybe i need some glasses :)  ffc has a sws out for some light snow within a day or so, and both you and i look like there might be some frozen precip around towards the latter part of the weekend.

what am i looking at, missing or looking at incorrectly.  granted for a lot of us it may be the cold chasing rain but we are just getting into the "heart" of a lot of the se's winter.

Oh GSP how optimistic you are, keeping Chances of ZR and Rain/Snow in MBY Sunday and Monday.

at least someone is paying attention lol.  not necessarily optimistic but at least it hasnt been ruled out. 

we need a good, large area, winter storm to help clear up some of the edginess in the se threads lately.  its a bummer to see all the arguing, esp over things have not even had a chance to verify or not lol :flood:

Yeah...sending cowardly & nasty PM's will get you no where - just FYI.

And ending it with "...no need to respond to this either it won't be read." just proves you are a drive by punk who wants to be contentious. 

You know who you are. 

Ha.  Welcome to the club. Two weeks ago I got one that started, Hey Moron.  It went on to tell me I shouldn't post in weather forums because I add nothing.  Funny thing is, the dude had 30 or so posts in three years and hadn't posted since last March.  I didn't respond but was proud that I could bring such a shy person out of the shadows, if only for a moment.

Ha.  Welcome to the club. Two weeks ago I got one that started, Hey Moron.  It went on to tell me I shouldn't post in weather forums because I add nothing.  Funny thing is, the dude had 30 or so posts in three years and hadn't posted since last March.  I didn't respond but was proud that I could bring such a shy person out of the shadows, if only for a moment.

Where do I pay my dues?  :)

Although, I haven't received anything that started by going straight for the name calling.  It would have been fun watching a famous jburns banter-off too.

Ha. Welcome to the club. Two weeks ago I got one that started, Hey Moron. It went on to tell me I shouldn't post in weather forums because I add nothing. Funny thing is, the dude had 30 or so posts in three years and hadn't posted since last March. I didn't respond but was proud that I could bring such a shy person out of the shadows, if only for a moment.

Lol! Awesome!

Archived