SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we're getting the grand finale; back edge at least according to radar is on the doorstep..

Close to 2"; was hoping/wishing for more but in reality more than most forecast for the north side of Atl..

Yeah. I'll take 2" any time, especially to break a 3-year snow drought IMBY.

Yeah, it needs to stop.

Crazy. Just crazy. I love the talk about biggest busts of all time. Nothing compares to GSP calling for 4 - 6 inches of snow, being under a heavy snow warning and then ending up with not one flake and heavy rain. Now that is a huge bust. This could end right now and still not be in the top 5 for me. 

It is a bit ironic that I see all these people from the Raleigh area (not necessarily here, FB and other places) complaining that school was out today, yet the people in GA and AL are complaining that school wasn't out today.  It kinda makes me feel bad for the people who have to make those decisions.

Yeap some worried parents here in North Georgia.  Kids stranded at schools when buses couldn't run, and some kids are currently stranded on buses that are having trouble on the routes.  Our school district sent out an email apology/explanation already this afternoon, basically saying they weren't notified by the NWS in time to do anything more.

GA gov just declared a state of emergency, state-wide. 

I'm going on a Jeb Walk later when that heavier band to our west rolls through.  I encourage you all to perform your own Jeb Walks during this storm.  It makes it so much better! :)

I'm also kind of thrilled with the prospect of sweeping snow off the driveway later.  It's not often you can do that in the South!  Dry snow FTW!

I'm going on a Jeb Walk later when that heavier band to our west rolls through.  I encourage you all to perform your own Jeb Walks during this storm.  It makes it so much better! :)

Good idea.  You've inspired me.  My dog would like that, too.  There's that one particular band that looks to be about 40 miles to my west.

I'm noticing some 20-25dbz returns working there way in from the NW towards Chattanooga now. any chance that holds together and makes its way here? already snowing pretty good again in the area. BTW, awesome storm and congrats on everyone in the area seeing snow! I was really thinking we were going to miss this one but boy did we luck out!

Archived