joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who really believes that in a week we could be in the beginning stages of a historic winter pattern that could give us record cold and snow/ice?  The models all point to it, but I think most of us have become so cynical over the past 2-3 winters that it's hard to trust even the most respected meteorologists.  Not to mention how awful the models have been...but there seems to be quite the consensus right now.  What do you all think?

I'd say the cold is pretty much a lock. To far out to nail down any storm tracks or precip but at least there seems to be much more potential than we've had in a couple of years. I've perked up a bit on this one even though it's much earlier than usual for me.

That wasn't me. It was a photo someone sent the local TV station here because they only called for flurries.

This is a good reminder for everybody:

If it's not yours, then you need to give a link or reference to the source. That picture was from the WRAL Facebook page that somebody from Spring Hope, NC, shared. If you don't give a reference or source, you imply that it was your own, and that's not good. I would be very upset if somebody "stole" one of my pictures and passed it off (even unintentionally) as theirs. Be careful with stuff like this!

It's probably because people don't generally remember seeing something they've never looked at.

Just a hunch. :)

Brick does bring up a good point, although personally I don't see a pattern that's ripe for a "big" 6"+ storm for NC/SC/GA, but I do see potential for small 1-3, 2-4" type events, but people a lot smarter than me seem to think this pattern will be ripe by end of January, did we have anything remotely like this "potential" pattern the past 2 winters, I don't recall anything.

Archived