joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter 2013-14 Part 2

klw

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try 18 yr.  On Jan 13, 1996 I had 28" snowpack at my place in Gardiner.  Over the next two weeks, three 1"+ RA events dumped 4.4" total and reduced the snow to 5" of whitish muck.  (Of course, Feb-Mar-Apr had a bit of snow that year.)

Finished with 0.87", but it only took down my glacial snowpack one inch, to 14".

I knew it was quite a few years back. I remember that rain event like it was yesterday. Had a great pack. Was hanging out in farmington that night with friends listening/watching the rain pound down. Woke up to patches of snow. I think that's the most snow I've every seen disappear so quickly. Still made a comeback though.

0.82" for the event yesterday. Surprisingly the the snow is pretty resilient in the woods, especially in the valleys.

Snow cover still hanging on here but doesn't look like Mid January in Nashville VT

lol....I think those two cams sum up the disparity between NNE states/areas. VT vs NH/ME right now. But I'm still fascinated by how bare even the NH ski areas and mountains are (MWN Ravine snowpacks are at like recent memory lows right now according to the Hermit Shelter Rangers Station) while you guys are solidly covered.

Gene you and Dendrite look to have much better coverage than 3000ft on MWN.

lol....I think those two cams sum up the disparity between NNE states/areas. VT vs NH/ME right now. But I'm still fascinated by how bare even the NH ski areas and mountains are (MWN Ravine snowpacks are at like recent memory lows right now according to the Hermit Shelter Rangers Station) while you guys are solidly covered.

Gene you and Dendrite look to have much better coverage than 3000ft on MWN.

Archived