SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking OES band over a good chunk of Suffolk County (regrettably not here yet, but snow has been increasing a little).  From about the William Floyd east I'd imagine it has been accumulating relatively well and it does seem to be expanding westward.

About 1" on the ground. Light/ mod snow continues, temp falling 27 now

Morristown: Light snow started about twenty minutes ago. Nice coating on all surfaces already. 20.4º

MA Gov just said 18 inches in Essex county MA. very curious & think I know the answer did ANBY model forsee this coming ??? (before the main storm??! I know some is OES BUT WOW. Makes you realize how little we 'know': Mother nature is the boss in the end.

MA Gov just said 18 inches in Essex county MA. very curious & think I know the answer did ANBY model forsee this coming ??? (before the main storm??! I know some is OES BUT WOW. Makes you realize how little we 'know': Mother nature is the boss in the end.

Yeah, that's weird. Just went to New England forums and they are already reports of 15".

Subsidence coastal CT SW through Manhattan to SW of Linden, NJ...overrunning to the NW and forcing to the SE. Interesting, have no interest in being a downer but given pressure falls this afternoon I thought we might start out this way. NYC should do fine but Monmouth across south shore of LI looks at this early point to be setting up for some great rates later.

Heavy echoes near Morristown should drop rates near .5"+/hr as it heads NE 

Ratios will also increase as the night progresses. Should be an interesting storm. 

I can attest to this. It most certainly picked up in intensity quite rapidly since I posted only ten minutes ago. :popcorn:

That radar's had me go outside to check a couple of times but just the same very fine flurries/-sn we've had much of the day right now, 26F.  Im only 1mi east of Wm Floyd though.

Not surprising...radar looked like it was more to the south of the immediate north shore...not to mention snowflakes at the cloud level get pushed southwest by the prevailing NE winds before reaching the ground.  Not a lot since this precip is forming in the lower levels, but it is probably significant in your case.

It's not like this is an OES bomb, but I enjoy this stuff.  Soon it'll blend with the synoptic snows and then the real party starts.

Archived