Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loco et al - thanks for the props.  Great graphic, Loco - says it better than my 4 paragraphs, lol. 

Ripping snow right now in Metuchen, with visibiity of about 3/8 of a mile, 22F, and 1" on the ground in an hour and 50 minutes.  Gorgeous small plates - powdery, but I'm sure it's not real high ratio stuff yet. 

Debating about heading to Haileys to watch the game.  Not even sure if they are open.

HRRR is really honing in on the banding over CNJ 

Could be the jackpot of the area. 

yea continuing that line up through western to central Suffolk and up through CT is a good bet tonight for locally heavier banding. what do you think good bet based on current radar depiction?

Moderate snow now here in central westchester, temp around 19.  Def looks like a southern NYC/ENJ/LI special as the heavier bands dont quite make to Manhattan (at this point), hopefully we make up for it with good ratios.  Still a fantastic storm though, I mean how often do we see temps dropping thru the teens during one? Looking forward to what is in store throughout the night!

1.4" on average here, just measured 2 separate 6" drifts though :lol: .

Seems counterintuitive, but even though it doesnt seem to be snowing all that hard here, because of the tiny snow grains, visibility is awful, has dipped below 1/2 mile a few times here while out on my jebwalk.

Archived