joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great post. This graphic may help, too. I'm not sure why dendrites tend to grow in the -12C to -18C region... and to be honest I'm not sure if the field fully understands it yet either.

morphologydiagram.jpg

Loco et al - thanks for the props.  Great graphic, Loco - says it better than my 4 paragraphs, lol. 

Ripping snow right now in Metuchen, with visibiity of about 3/8 of a mile, 22F, and 1" on the ground in an hour and 50 minutes.  Gorgeous small plates - powdery, but I'm sure it's not real high ratio stuff yet. 

Loco et al - thanks for the props.  Great graphic, Loco - says it better than my 4 paragraphs, lol. 

Ripping snow right now in Metuchen, with visibiity of about 3/8 of a mile, 22F, and 1" on the ground in an hour and 50 minutes.  Gorgeous small plates - powdery, but I'm sure it's not real high ratio stuff yet. 

Beautiful start to this storm….

We keep being at the northern edge of the decent snow bands it keeps trying to go heavier then lightens up looks like best bands scrape the southern parts of nyc, payback for all the times we end up sleeting and mixing whoever predicted more northern half of the city looks Iike they will be wrong. Again after moderate snow around 8:00 snowing very lightly here 24f.

Archived