joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it once, but I'll say it again that 5.5 inch report is a bit suspicious to me.  I'm only a few miles from Matawan, and I measured 3.9 inches over an hour after that was measured, which is in line with the other reports I've seen from Monmouth County.  There hasn't been any real banding that would explain the difference, but hey you never know.

We have just about 2.5" here. 

Cheers! Went out ten minutes ago, came up with 2.2" after four measurements in the most unimpeded areas I could find... Hoping we make out well overnight, it may be next to impossible to get an accurate final measurement if things play out nicely! :popcorn:

I've said it once, but I'll say it again that 5.5 inch report is a bit suspicious to me.  I'm only a few miles from Matawan, and I measured 3.9 inches over an hour after that was measured, which is in line with the other reports I've seen from Monmouth County.  There hasn't been any real banding that would explain the difference, but hey you never know.

Blowing snow, erroneous measurements.

Thankfully was able to get into LGA this evening before they cancelled flights into LGA after changing my flight from tomorrow. Happy to be home and be able to enjoy the storm. Snow started here just about at 6:00 PM. Has been snowing light to moderate. 2 inches so far. Temps have been more impressive than the snow. Down to 12 degrees here.

Why do you always do this during every storm? It's eventually going to fill in and we'll have 1-2"/hour rates for quite a while.

I actually don't do this during every storm it's just frustrating to see the bands weaken as they approach, happens to be that snow has picked up here again now , down to 19.

Hard to see this heavy band over DE, MD and Southern Jersey heading North with this temp gradient over NJ.  But light to moderate snow with these temps will continue to add up in NYC for another 8 hrs.  Even with 1/2" hr thats 4 more inches in Central Park on top of estimated 3" on ground. Not bad for never getting into any banding.

http://coolwx.com/cgi-bin/getanalysis.cgi?region=NJ&time=current&field=temp

Archived