SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what thread this should go in, but anyone see this yet? Wes Junker in Time.

http://nation.time.com/2014/01/17/the-polar-vortex-is-probably-coming-back/?hpt=hp_t3

ha! Fantastic. My favorite part is this line:

According to Junker’s models, the most extreme cold is expected to hit 11-15 days from now.

Wes! Where are you hiding your private weather models? Or are these models like Bob Barker used to have Barker's beauties? If so, same question!

I'm sure this post will go over well

Like I care what dude bros think of me. Wxusaf and I are fine. The board philosophy has always been to let people post rather than tell them how to post.

I've said it a million times....I love all snow...the forum just gets really hard to read when posts like what towsonweather just posted in the main thread

Jesus dude...I hardly ever post, I generally try to post stuff that isn't fluffy or off topic, and I really enjoy reading this board - both for the substantive and instructive meteorological forecasting discussions, and for the humor and joking around. With all the nonsense and joking around that gets posted on here (no small part of which is contributed by you and friends of yours *cough* Ji *cough*), you choose MY post to make an example of? LOL

Jesus dude...I hardly ever post, I generally try to post stuff that isn't fluffy or off topic, and I really enjoy reading this board - both for the substantive and instructive meteorological forecasting discussions, and for the humor and joking around. With all the nonsense and joking around that gets posted on here (no small part of which is contributed by you and friends of yours *cough* Ji *cough*), you choose MY post to make an example of? LOL

Don't you realize different standards apply to the Super Friends of Mid Atlantic Weather Circle of Trust Society?

There is a problem here.  That is why I have not renewed my donation.  The talk here gets way too sleazy, whiny and off topic at times.  I don't want to read f***** this and a**** that.  I don't care about somebody's football interest. 

I like fun and good jokes.  That's not the problem.  I come to read and learn about weather.  There are plenty of areas to post the other stuff.  Yes, if this board wants to continue to be taken seriously then the moderation needs to tighten up.

There is a problem here. That is why I have not renewed my donation. The talk here gets way too sleazy, whiny and off topic at times. I don't want to read f***** this and a**** that. I don't care about somebody's football interest.

I like fun and good jokes. That's not the problem. I come to read and learn about weather. There are plenty of areas to post the other stuff. Yes, if this board wants to continue to be taken seriously then the moderation needs to tighten up.

**** that

There is a problem here.  That is why I have not renewed my donation.  The talk here gets way too sleazy, whiny and off topic at times.  I don't want to read f***** this and a**** that.  I don't care about somebody's football interest. 

I like fun and good jokes.  That's not the problem.  I come to read and learn about weather.  There are plenty of areas to post the other stuff.  Yes, if this board wants to continue to be taken seriously then the moderation needs to tighten up.

here here!

You're exactly right.  We need to be discussing whether we're getting .1 or .15" of clipper snow this coming week.

I'm about to have everyone mad at me

Everybody needs to chill.  We got people complaining about the mid atlantic superfriends/clique crap because of a post that actually wasn't even deleted..then leesburg and some others  are ultra sensitive because a less than optimistic word was said about a crappy model run...and then people threatening to take their ball (donation) and run home because of banter in banter thread (and yeah, some in the model threads because there's not a thing going on.   When there's actually weather approaching, we get pretty tight in the non banter threads...so much so that we get a new round of bitching about us being too strict in them).   Stop it.  Right now!   

Everyone is whining because we need snow.   Chill out.   Now everyone can united around hating me :D    You're welcome.  I do what I can.   And remember, I love all of yall.  

Everybody needs to chill.  We got people complaining about the mid atlantic superfriends/clique crap because of a post that actually wasn't even deleted..then leesburg and some others  are ultra sensitive because a less than optimistic word was said about a crappy model run...and then people threatening to take their ball (donation) and run home because of banter in banter thread (and yeah, some in the model threads because there's not a thing going on.   When there's actually weather approaching, we get pretty tight in the non banter threads...so much so that we get a new round of bitching about how us being too strict in them).   Stop it.  Right now!   

Everyone is whining because we need snow.   Chill out.   Now everyone can united around hating me :D    You're welcome.  I do what I can.   And remember, I love all of yall.  

I hope you get an inch of rain while everyone else gets an inch of snow ;)

Everybody needs to chill.  We got people complaining about the mid atlantic superfriends/clique crap because of a post that actually wasn't even deleted..then leesburg and some others  are ultra sensitive because a less than optimistic word was said about a crappy model run...and then people threatening to take their ball (donation) and run home because of banter in banter thread (and yeah, some in the model threads because there's not a thing going on.   When there's actually weather approaching, we get pretty tight in the non banter threads...so much so that we get a new round of bitching about how us being too strict in them).   Stop it.  Right now!   

haters gonna hate

So basically a continuation of this winter?

Ive extended this invite to Ian numerous times, but the next time there is a good chance for snow, you two need to rent a zip car and come visit. Seriously, i'll supply the booze and food, and we just enjoy a nice snow

Archived