• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

Perhaps if the AMS started taking away certifications that would make the TV guys stop and think.

It would probably be fair, in this instance, to read his tweets.  This was his next tweet...

It's a little early and I'm a little more sane than to call 4 feet of snow. But even if you're 3.5ft off, still plowable.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What ratios is it going on - 25:1?

Well it has 70" in N NH with about 2" liquid so do the math. :lol:

It's probably using a max temp in the column algorithm. With 2m to H85 so cold it's probably programmed for some ridiculous 30:1 ratios which wouldn't happen even if this run dynamically came to fruition.

It would probably be fair, in this instance, to read his tweets.  This was his next tweet...

I was speaking in general, but he should also know that it will be taken out of context, so if he doesn't believe it there's no point in tweeting it out as even a possibility. Trying to convey science in 140 characters is never a good idea.

Well it has 70" in N NH with about 2" liquid so do the math. :lol:

It's probably using a max temp in the column algorithm. With 2m to H85 so cold it's probably programmed for some ridiculous 30:1 ratios which wouldn't happen even if this run dynamically came to fruition.

if it gets too cold you start getting columns anyway

Maybe Kevin is right. Hype sells.

I don't understand why folks can't understand that.. Noone is saying that amount will happen..but it creates a buzz, excitement, and gets people tuned in. It's about ratings and getting people excited..It's been going on since the beginning of time..in every aspect of life.  You just have to be able to walk the line..

I don't understand why folks can't understand that.. Noone is saying that amount will happen..but it creates a buzz, excitement, and gets people tuned in. It's about ratings and getting people excited..It's been going on since the beginning of time..in every aspect of life.  You just have to be able to walk the line..

Makes perfect sense to me.  And, I'll stop there.

Whatever happens it will probably be of long duration. The Arctic front draped overhead all day Thursday with weak overrunning should keep the flakes flying 24 hours prior to the main show. Could be quite fluffy too. 

Reminds me of that that Saturday event 2 weeks ago..Looks like that somewhat..Overrunning snows all day and biter cold temps

Archived