joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2014 pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jan 22-23 revived on the Euro except it is a different shortwave that does it....and it is Jan 23rd whereas the solutions a couple days ago were more on the 22nd.

Potent sw diving through the lakes spawns a secondary S of LI.

Yes. No reason to toss that timeframe. GEFS hint at something too. 

Jan 22-23 revived on the Euro except it is a different shortwave that does it....and it is Jan 23rd whereas the solutions a couple days ago were more on the 22nd.

Is it the same impulse/from the same area that it looked like a few days ago?

Duh... reading comprehension ftl on my part... nevermind

Is it the same impulse/from the same area that it looked like a few days ago?

Duh... reading comprehension ftl on my part... nevermind

The ensembles a few days ago were not really sure...they had general low pressure near us for both the 22nd and 23rd...the earlier shortwave looks to be a non-player, but now another in the flow behind it has gained traction today on several model suites. The OP run for a couple cycles really focused on that first wave.

It is not uncommon for models to have trouble resolving imbedded shortwaves in a northern stream dominated pattern.

Leon can bite me, I just mowed.   Never got the end of year mowing in.  Gorgeous late winter day with highs in the mid 40s and full sun.

This should provide a more level surface for the incoming blizzards.

No joke...really did just do a full mowing, first of 2014.

:weenie:

When did BIrving become such a troll? He used to be a good poster.

Is that really considered trolling? lol. I still like his posts, usually has a dry sense of humor to most of them.

He doesn't provide insight and it's too bad because he knows his stuff. Relegated to posting how 1/2-3 is going ots or the qpf of 16 days of an op euro which in reality was snowy for some. Don't just come I. And be the fuddy fuddy PC police without context.

Yep, we've been looking for a clipper/Mill -B type deal for this character of pattern and now one is modeled... These can be prolific in a very short period of time, too.  In 1987 there was an open wave with a 40+ v-max that passed S of LI in November and produced thundersnow and 9-18" in 6 hours, as an example.  NJ Model low

Leon can bite me, I just mowed.   Never got the end of year mowing in.  Gorgeous late winter day with highs in the mid 40s and full sun.

This should provide a more level surface for the incoming blizzards.

No joke...really did just do a full mowing, first of 2014.

:lmao:  :sizzle:

Notice the lawn has good color still...bushes not so much.  Thaw is pretty deep now, all ponds that I drove by today are ice free.

This was bigger than your average "thaw"

My neighborhood is still solidly covered in snow - I am not sure how - I am surprised it held strong.  Looking forward to adding more tomorrow and holding snow for a long time to come.

You will not like next week and beyond then....

Prob a good time to take the fam and fly south, really far south...like equator south.

Cold and little/no snow is great for the ski resorts, but not very exciting for me or most of us.

When did BIrving become such a troll? He used to be a good poster.

Euro with plowable snow fore next week similar to CMC.

How am I trolling?  

Archived