joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn cold. It's amazing that we could be flirting with warming temps. Just like on Saturday. But today was even colder

Differences between the 2.  This one does not have southern origin, purely northern stream.  Colder lower levels for sure but I am not sure of ML's(want to say today is a touch warmer).  Today's system probably won't be a strong as it passes us and it definitely won't drop as much moisture.  Maybe around .4-.5" would be my guess which is less than 1/2 what we saw the other day.

Differences between the 2. This one does not have southern origin, purely northern stream. Colder lower levels for sure but I am not sure of ML's(want to say today is a touch warmer). Today's system probably won't be a strong as it passes us and it definitely won't drop as much moisture. Maybe around .4-.5" would be my guess which is less than 1/2 what we saw the other day.

Good point, were going to have to squeeze all avliable moisture out of this.

Couple of inches will be nice.

Very cold night in ENY and WMA.  Widespread -5F and below temps.  The ALB airport hit -5F and the better radiational spot up at Glens Falls hit at least -18F.  North Adams hit -9 and PSF -7.  Pretty unusual to have synoptic snows moving in with temps near their mins.  Temperatures were expected to bottom out around midnight or shortly after and then slowly rise with the clouds moving in.  Didn't happen.  Deep snowpack FTW.

Archived