• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

Surprising because  we were 5" up here as was Albany but I think you were on the fringe of that sucker hole that also effected Hartford, Springfield etc.  Snow never really let up here much from 11am onward.

We didn't get into the heavier snow until about 1-1:30. We had this light "snizzle" from about 11 AM, so we were sucker holed for a while.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this has been a nightmare of a shift. Crickets all night long as we wrestle with the decision to go with upgrades to warnings for the coast. Ultimately decided that it wouldn't snow long enough to bring the majority of the zones in question over 6". Now that it's nearly over the phones light up with 6-8" amounts everywhere. :axe:

Well this has been a nightmare of a shift. Crickets all night long as we wrestle with the decision to go with upgrades to warnings for the coast. Ultimately decided that it wouldn't snow long enough to bring the majority of the zones in question over 6". Now that it's nearly over the phones light up with 6-8" amounts everywhere. :axe:

Looking at what happened upstream here in e MA, why forgo the warning??

Looking at what happened downstream here in e MA, why forgo the warning??

We had no reports to confirm what had fallen, and despite that band moving north we didn't think it would last long enough to reach warning criteria. What we didn't know was how much had already fallen near the coast. Local news basically ignored what was going on for the Voice or whatever, and our own mets didn't even bother calling in as PWM ticked towards 6". Needless to say I'm less than thrilled.

I should've just gone with my gut and pulled the trigger. But we really get dinged when we upgrade and it busts. Weird night all around. Usually winter storm the phones ring off the hook.

We had no reports to confirm what had fallen, and despite that band moving north we didn't think it would last long enough to reach warning criteria. What we didn't know was how much had already fallen near the coast. Local news basically ignored what was going on for the Voice or whatever, and our own mets didn't even bother calling in as PWM ticked towards 6". Needless to say I'm less than thrilled.

I should've just gone with my gut and pulled the trigger. But we really get dinged when we upgrade and it busts. Weird night all around. Usually winter storm the phones ring off the hook.

Eric Jayhawk was all over this. That's an impressive band.

Easily 8" here, most of which fell within about 5-6 hours. This was definitely a tough one. I'm not complaining!

His reporting was great, actually gave us a sense of the rate and how much he should top out at. We can handle a few 6" reports, it's the 7, 8, 9s that hurt.

I had a report out of Durham for 3.7" but only .17" liq ..or 22:1 ratio. That'll kill snowfall forecast too. You got a PNS coming out before 11?

lol, I validated your non call........... :lol:

Archived