• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA & The Fringes - December 2013 Part III

PennMan

Here's the new CTP forecast (with some appropriate clip art added).. it would seem that most of the advisory area is in jeopardy of being dropped according to that. Radar trends seem to indicate a much quicker period of snow than the originally expected 5-7 hour duration as well, so max amounts may be more towards 2 inches instead of up to 4. 

post-1507-0-52085700-1387265195_thumb.pn

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Around .5" inch or maybe a hair less, pushed away with a broom. Two hour delays everywhere, blah.

really? i didn't go out back to my measuring area this am, i just took a tape measure and measured he driveway at 515 before i shovled and had 1.25" in several spots. And had about the same here at work. Light snow now here and everything we shovled and plowed is completely covered again.

really? i didn't go out back to my measuring area this am, i just took a tape measure and measured he driveway at 515 before i shovled and had 1.25" in several spots. And had about the same here at work. Light snow now here and everything we shovled and plowed is completely covered again.

I had 1" at 7am melted down to .07"... not sure how much has added to that since then

Eh maybe my measuring sucks ... I wouldn't bet against it. If you guys and Blizz's fam had 1.25" it likely was closer to 1". I didn't measure until about 8:15 and measured on a non-perfect surface so ymmv.

It's gorgeous snow though.

lots of accidents in the Wilkes-Barre area. reason, no one took this seriously. most of the main roads are clear, but the side streets are not. people are sliding into things (people, cars, buildings) while trying to make the turn from the highways to the roads that are not clear. I saw one jeep almost roll over turning into sheetz before.

Archived