joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put this one in the memory bank. Compact MCV type system, will wreak havoc on models and just N of surface track there will be a subsidence zone.

As a side, I recall Scooter mentioning the MCV idea a few days ago and the thought crossed my mind of a screw zone. Models hinted at it but never fully picked up n it. The dryslot I discussed was not what happened in SE MA. Different mechanisms.

Looking back at the soundings I posted this AM, flags should have gone off. I recall seeing how shallow the saturation layer was. It was from the surface up to about 800mb(will have to check). Not the best setup for snow.

Time to look forward to after Christmas for any threats. Looks "warm" for the next week or so.

Put this one in the memory bank. Compact MCV type system, will wreak havoc on models and just N of surface track there will be a subsidence zone.

As a side, I recall Scooter mentioning the MCV idea a few days ago and the thought crossed my mind of a screw zone. Models hinted at it but never fully picked up n it. The dryslot I discussed was not what happened in SE MA. Different mechanisms.

Looking back at the soundings I posted this AM, flags should have gone off. I recall seeing how shallow the saturation layer was. It was from the surface up to about 800mb(will have to check). Not the best setup for snow.

Time to look forward to after Christmas for any threats. Looks "warm" for the next week or so.

4km NAM I thought had it pretty well the last few cycles to be honest.  Part of the reason I wasn't that excited today.

That said...I'm interested in the 2-3am to 8am period for a surprise snow band along EMA and the Cape that may catch many off guard.  Need the 8h to close later tonight...will see.

Oh..and need it to cool off, frosty's sweating his chestnuts off in most of SE MA.

Archived