joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best pressure falls are southeast of Nantucket, MA, Nantucket, MA itself has 2mb/hr pressure falls, down to 1017.8mb.  Lightning increasing too with the warm front of the coastal.  This storm is staying to our southeast Phil, I don't think we turn to rain and if we did it will be brief.

you'll be in the 40s by 8PM. 

This. The rain is coming weenie-san

speaking of hrrr - fwiw latest run loves the area inside of 495 and especially 128. it's pretty funny the contours get really tight but its spitting out 6 to 7" right inside the city...but only 2-3 by the time you get toward ORH.

Also note vs a few hours ago it's keeping the low a little east...so now we have decent NNE winds in the bay after this evening.  I think the OES stuff will materialize.

Low is squashing east now.  Can see where it may be jumping south of us...some storms maybe evident on OKX.  Latest HRRR brings it further east now, right over ACK and near/over the outer cape. 

Could be some surprise totals along the coast and up to the north. 

like your optimism. 

i think it's going to run the Canal essentially. maybe a hair SE of there but ends up in CCB, imo. want to track it follow BID ob. right now, it's making a move toward them. they are up to 37F with SE wind. MTP is 39F with due S wind. 

i'll admit i was fooled by the 12z models today. i nailed the short duration of this system but models were too generous with distribution of qpf. my call may likely verify if this band on radar comes thru. 3-5" was my final call for interior se ma, maybe on the low end of that. 2-4" as box had it probably should have stood up. even they saw the 12z models and jumped on it.

Archived