SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting spread in some of the really hi-res models. a lot have the band of "heavy" snow right along the immediate S Coast from CT through RI and to the Canal...even a couple/several inches out onto the Cape in some runs. and then a bunch also have a ring around BOS with a nice 4 to 6" of snow up that way...particularly out in Essex county. 

I can see that s coast band happening.

it sucks that the low level flow has to go SE ahead of that...it would probably dump on the Cape later. as is though...maybe just back from the water gets a pretty good burst of snow over the next several hours. that's a potent little low. like you were mentioning yesterday, kind of that summer MCV look

Here comes warnings for tonight. Anyone else think 3-8 inches in Portland is pretty humorous? Kind of like saying, we are leaning, but haven't quite decided to budge on 4-8 to hoist the flags.

I really have no clue where the P&C comes up with its ranges, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Either way some weenies are going to be very upset with the sharp NW edge to the decent accumulations. The coast should do fine, but by the foothills it could be pretty paltry.

I hate to admit it but today has been absolutely stunning. Gorgeous Blizzard snow (small to moderate sized fast falling dry flakes) sticking to everything with it being Awesomely Cold. If technology didn't exist, I'd swear a 20" Storm was coming.

If the accordion didn't exist, I'd swear that you'd melted down earlier.

I hate to admit it but today has been absolutely stunning. Gorgeous Blizzard snow (small to moderate sized fast falling dry flakes) sticking to everything with it being Awesomely Cold. If technology didn't exist, I'd swear a 20" Storm was coming.

Our technology challenged forebears would be in barometer tapping mode on a day like this, alert for signs of rapid pressure falls.

Best pressure falls are southeast of Nantucket, MA, Nantucket, MA itself has 2mb/hr pressure falls, down to 1017.8mb.  Lightning increasing too with the warm front of the coastal.  This storm is staying to our southeast Phil, I don't think we turn to rain and if we did it will be brief.

you'll be in the 40s by 8PM. 

Archived