Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man what is GFS missing here... once again squelches the lead impulse and allows vortmax behind it to dominate cyclogenesis

would love for it to be correct but I'm cautious...

at h5 verification: 6z NAM is very close to 9z RAP at 15z Tuesday, 6z GFS looks on its own

would toss GFS but 3z SREFs also ticked up, and this is so close to something bigger

Rgem is on board now too. Tosses the 10mm like way inland. Gfs stole the show?

so we're all tossing the euro?

2 runs prior it was a sheared mess a few hundred miles east of the cape. Yesterday it caught on somewhat but focused just on the first system. I think it's been behind the curve for this event. Providing the Gfs gains additional support - and it's likely we see a move towards consensus as the 6z rgem did.... Long as that happens the euro is irrelevant to me with this system.

weathafella, on 17 Dec 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

I don't recall such uncertainty in the now cast period. Amazing model differences. Gfs/RGEM hit it hard while everyone else moderate. Go with Harvey's map.

Harv had a good map. Gefs, 0z ggem ensembles, 6z rgem are all on board with the Gfs. Even the nogaps at 0z slowed it down. Rap and hrrr both give support to a slower elongated system.

I don't put a ton of stock in the euro. Maybe I will be wrong with that but as a whole it hasn't gotten a snow event right first this winter not sure it starts now. Northern stream ftl.

Game on for you fella....I think rain is an issue for moi.

weathafella, on 17 Dec 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

I don't recall such uncertainty in the now cast period. Amazing model differences. Gfs/RGEM hit it hard while everyone else moderate. Go with Harvey's map.

Harv had a good map. Gefs, 0z ggem ensembles, 6z rgem are all on board with the Gfs. Even the nogaps at 0z slowed it down. Rap and hrrr both give support to a slower elongated system.

I don't put a ton of stock in the euro. Maybe I will be wrong with that but as a whole it hasn't gotten a snow event right first this winter not sure it starts now. Northern stream ftl.

Game on for you fella....I think rain is an issue for moi.

I I'll be surprised if you're not colder given the dynamics IF it performs. Witches titty this morning.

I I'll be surprised if you're not colder given the dynamics IF it performs. Witches titty this morning.

I think we will see this perform. The gfs will be more right ? Is to what extent. Rgem already flipped and experience dictates when it does that it doesn't flip back. Rap is coming around steadily too. Overnight should be snowy.

Wxniss that'd be a nice bonus. If we can get the nam etc to realize this one isn't cutting over ema be interesting to see what they come up with.

Glad you back brother! I was getting a little worried. Actually slowed as a walked past yr house the last week or so.

This is a tough system.

ha! thanks jerry

been reading > posting... 

forced a time out with a crazy busy stretch at work / i'm revealing this mania to my better half gently

but nice to know you guys in the new england weather family are always here

don't know how to sit on this one... 3-5 vs. 6-8 for our area... hard to believe NAM and EURO are so wrong in the 18 hour range, but GFS seems to be pulling others (RGEM, SREFs) aboard... watch 12z NAM abruptly flip to warning criteria

ha! thanks jerry

been reading > posting... 

forced a time out with a crazy busy stretch at work / i'm revealing this mania to my better half gently

but nice to know you guys in the new england weather family are always here

don't know how to sit on this one... 3-5 vs. 6-8 for our area... hard to believe NAM and EURO are so wrong in the 18 hour range, but GFS seems to be pulling others (RGEM, SREFs) aboard... watch 12z NAM abruptly flip to warning criteria

It's a classic case where we have a chance of something big (long shot) when the clipper hits the ocean. There are some signs that it can but it's never good to bank in it as there are risk factors in almost every case.

Archived