Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not worried.  Just wondering why that would be the case.

There is some pretty cold air north of them slowly being advected in ageostrophically down the CT river valley. We don't have much more in the way of cold to advect in from the north. Everyone is pretty maxed out for low temps right now with WAA aloft and saturation in the low levels. Maybe we lose another 1-2F later, but it's pretty much a slow climb from here.

you sure its heavy? TAN just came down to 1/2mi. That's moderate snow.

Is it not dumping at your house

7f and steady light snow. At Attitash

Thinkin 10 or so , shuttin off by 9 am or so. Pretty quick blitz. Nbd but good skiing.

Wow @ cold in sw ct , impressive.

Eagerly waitin to see how my hood does.

I hope scooter snows at least 6 ,man. Its gonna be mash'd taters

haven't been out to measure, but just eyeballing i'd guess about 2"? tough to say...blowing around a lot. snowing hard though. 

Yeah same here.  easterly winds are the worst to measure here there's nothing blocked or obstructed by natural features without having to hoof a way to a nearby field which I'm not doing :)

Sharp temp rise between exits 4 and 2.   Temp up to 29.8 here.

Yeah same here.  easterly winds are the worst to measure here there's nothing blocked or obstructed by natural features without having to hoof a way to a nearby field which I'm not doing :)

Sharp temp rise between exits 4 and 2.   Temp up to 29.8 here.

flip is making steady progress N. 

will be to ACK shortly. 

Here in Melrose the snow growth has not been impressive thus far. Light snow with a few moderate bursts here and there. Some where around 2-2.5" with the eyeball test, picking up about 1.5" since 7:30.

Winds are due East now, temp has increased to 26.6, up 3 degrees in the last 3 hours. Getting nervous with the rise.

Looks to be picking up for the next 1 hour as the band in central mass works its way through. Looking for a nice run through midnight here.

Archived