Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 13-14th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing harder now than it ever did from the advisory criteria snowstorm.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

3" here since 4 am.  coming down hard! 5-7" before days end. too bad about your machine.  it's prime up here today for riding!

I'm heading to Paradise and Grand Marias next weekend.

Storm total was 0.57" liquid with my 8.4" of snow. So while the ratios were good, have to give props to the GEM as it remained firm with that 0.55-0.60" qpf for my area run after run while all the other models constantly waffled from 0.35-0.50".

BTW SSC...just so you know, those footprints were near my snowboard, so I DID have to walk in the snow, I just did a little extra. I too like a nice undisturbed blanket of white. :)

I'm heading to Paradise and Grand Marias next weekend.

Or you could go to extreme souther Wayne Monroe county, lots of open land there and 8-10" fresh powder :lol:. Seriously though cant wait to get a snowdepth report from you from Paradise.

8-10 inches in paradise doesn't always get reported.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Final storm totals in SEMI...

You can really see the sharp gradient in the Washtenaw County totals... 6.2" in Ann Arbor and then another measurement 5 miles SSE of AA of 7.5". Sure some of that is probably measurement measurement inaccuracy but you get the idea.

goodpns1.png

goodpns2.png

YYZ reported 5.7'' as of 5 A.M. Here in my hood I measured 10'' so that is the storm total here.

I did an adequate proper measuring this morning and I recorded 6" (15.1cm) exactly. 

And YYZ recorded 4.3". Better than yesterdays 8cm preliminary report but if you look at the summary report its the lowest in the GTA -__- When is it ever the highest? 

That's higher than what's being reported in the storm summary for YYZ. How did you come by that number?

Parent's house in Etobicoke reporting a total of 6-7".

That brings us to a conclusion about YYZ's inadequate measuring system they have in place but it can be explained by their budget cuts. My idea of putting a camera infront of there good ol' Nipher Gauge seems lile a viable solution to solving such a horrendous problem.

post-6644-0-32175200-1387129291_thumb.jp

What I measured. Captured this too in my backyard while I was cleaning up my measuring area. Guess I found some leaves that didn't decay yet, haha. 

post-6644-0-00144300-1387129385_thumb.jp

Having some trouble uploading my pics, including a few measurements. Averaged 32-33cm from this storm.  A really nice final 6 hours of this storm where things piled up. Our kids were shocked when they woke up today and saw what had happened overnight.

A couple of other spotter reports to pass along:

South Burlington - 37cm

YHM - 23cm

Hamilton Mountain (central) - 26

Hope everyone enjoyed the first blast of the season. Here's to many more!

Archived