SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 13-14th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the synoptic intensifying. Lake band is still confined to south of the 401.

Yeah its snowing my way up in Vaughan. Just came back from Vaughan mills and It was already treacherous. Dusting everywhere.

And I agree with OttawaB. And WestCoaster, EC should issue warnings or atleast a watch. EC will lose alot of their remaining credibility if they dont. The school boards in Toronto already have, for their lack of cancelations during severe weather.

EC should have issued a watch at the very least yesterday even though it did not meet criteria. Their weather statements arent widely distrusted so people dont pay attention.

I definitely have more than 2" on the ground, and snow is still falling.

Edit:  Measured 3.5" between my  back yard, and the roof of my car.   Total accumulation from the past 3 snow events, give or take, is 5.7"

Yeah its snowing my way up in Vaughan. Just came back from Vaughan mills and It was already treacherous. Dusting everywhere.

And I agree with OttawaB. And WestCoaster, EC should issue warnings or atleast a watch. EC will lose alot of their remaining credibility if they dont. The school boards in Toronto already have, for their lack of cancelations during severe weather.

EC should have issued a watch at the very least yesterday even though it did not meet criteria. Their weather statements arent widely distrusted so people dont pay attention.

I think that based on what models were showing yesterday, GTA was out of even watch criteria. I would now issue a watch for the GTA, though, and a warning for Peel.

Have any posters around there posted any totals from that brief intense band this morning? I can't find anything. It looks like it was really intense!

I ended up with 12cm from that LE band. A snow reporter at Guelph Line and QEW measured 21cm a couple hours ago.

With 15-20 more on the way down here, we'll all end up in the 25-40 range by morning.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :snowing:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI1140 AM EST SAT DEC 14 2013...UP TO EIGHT INCHES OF SNOW EXPECTED SOUTH OF I-94....MODERATE SNOW...OCCASTIONALLY HEAVY TOWARD THE OHIO BORDER...WILL CONTINUE TO FALL THROUGH THE DAY...TAPERING OFF DURING THEEVENING HOURS. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES AREEXPECTED SOUTH OF M-59...WITH THE HIGHEST TOTALS OCCURRING SOUTHOF I-94. NORTH OF M-59...2 TO 5 INCHES IS EXPECTED.MIZ076-082-083-150500-/O.UPG.KDTX.WW.Y.0011.000000T0000Z-131215T0500Z//O.NEW.KDTX.WS.W.0003.131214T1640Z-131215T0500Z/WAYNE-LENAWEE-MONROE-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DETROIT...ADRIAN...MONROE1140 AM EST SAT DEC 14 2013...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED AWINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTILMIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER INEFFECT.HAZARDOUS WEATHER... * MODERATE SNOW...OCCASIONALY HEAVY AT TIMES..WILL FALL THIS   AFTERNOON...TAPERING OFF THIS EVENING. * TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 5 TO 8 INCHES IS EXPECTED...HIGHEST TOTALS   NEAR THE OHIO BORDER. * EAST WINDS GUSTING AROUND 20 MPH WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE   DAY...CAUSING SOME LOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE SNOW.IMPACTS... * UNTREATED ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY. * VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED TO BETWEEN A QUARTER AND HALF A MILE   AT TIMES. * BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL OCCUR ALONG NORTH-SOUTH ROADS   IN OPEN AREAS.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... * A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE   EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS. * PREPARE...PLAN...AND STAY INFORMED.   VISIT HTTP://GO.USA.GOV/RR8&&$$ 

I know it's tough with the wind but if you and the other downtown members could keep me updated on amount of snow fallen, I'd really appreciate it. Even just an estimate.

Got the board ready... I'm just north of the 401 but will update on totals throughout the storm. Heaviest rates of the season currently with near penny sized flakes.

I think that based on what models were showing yesterday, GTA was out of even watch criteria. I would now issue a watch for the GTA, though, and a warning for Peel.

Did you see Anthony Farnell's twitter? He is now forecasting 20+cm. He's also bashing on EC for inadequate forecasting and lack of cold weather alerts. Which is reasonable considering windchills have been around -20 to -25 since yesterday afternoon. Fail lol.

How is the snowfall your way? Its coming down hard in my area. 1.2cm now.

Got the board ready... I'm just north of the 401 but will update on totals throughout the storm. Heaviest rates of the season currently with near penny sized flakes.

Im up in Vaughan, so I've got updates from this region.

How is it your way? I've got 1.2cm here and coming down steadily. Visibility is really down and temperatures have barely warmed.

Archived