joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ben, rooting for Nashville to get a good snow dump.  If you are north of the city there is a chance you have been through the worst 25 years snow wise imaginable.  Would be nice to see you guys rake in a nice storm, followed by arctic air.

I'm just east of BNA.  I have lived here all 35 years of my life and yes we have been in one heckuva snow drought.  Over the last 20 years or so we have invented numerous ways to miss really good snowstorms.  This area used to be a decent area for snow if you look over its' history but recent history hasn't been so kind. 

I'm just east of BNA.  I have lived here all 35 years of my life and yes we have been in one heckuva snow drought.  Over the last 20 years or so we have invented numerous ways to miss really good snowstorms.  This area used to be a decent area for snow if you look over its' history but recent history hasn't been so kind. 

I grew up in Gallatin, left in 1992 after my senior year of high school.  My high school years were SO lean in the snow department and honestly it hasn't gotten better since my departure 21+ years ago. Pretty crazy when you step back and think about it.

OK, 1234 got me to thinking.  What programs that are wx specific can you purchase online that will help create snowfall forecasts?  Phil's software was pretty cool before he moved up north.

Good question, I am so technologically deficient, I can't answer.  I'd also like to know what people use for maps and what people use to put little circles, ovals, and arrows on the maps pointing to specific areas.  Hoping someone can give a few options.

Archived