• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Welcome!

Mr Bob

Hello guys, I am in the mountains of TRI. I've read the forum for a couple of years now and I am glad they split up NC from TN. The SE forum is really the north Carolina club, which their's nothing wrong with that except they don't use location qualifiers over there. You'll often see this :axe: or :weenie: based on model runs that they give no location for. I will be primarily in the banter forum as I have much to read and learn first, but I am glad to be in the tenn forum where people at least strive for objectivity and use the necessary qualifiers etc

Welcome! We are glad to have more posters. Feel free to ask anything. No question is a stupid one here. I'm still learning a lot. Weather is a very humbling hobby. We have some very good people here so you should pick up the learning curve quick. It was hard to weed through all of the talk in the southeast forum before we seceded from them. Your right the SE forum was basically all NC. There might of been 1 out of 20 posts about the TN valley and Alabama/MS. But we started from the bottom and now we're here (lol). You couldn't of picked a better time to join.

Welcome! We are glad to have more posters. Feel free to ask anything. No question is a stupid one here. I'm still learning a lot. Weather is a very humbling hobby. We have some very good people here so you should pick up the learning curve quick. It was hard to weed through all of the talk in the southeast forum before we seceded from them. Your right the SE forum was basically all NC. There might of been 1 out of 20 posts about the TN valley and Alabama/MS. But we started from the bottom and now we're here (lol). You couldn't of picked a better time to join.

3UfzhXp.jpg

Welcome and please join in the discussion.  Glad to have you!

• 1 month later...

Howdy fellow East Tennesseeans (and everyone else in the Tennessee Valley Region).

Newbie here.  I live in the foothills of the Smokies, about 6 miles east-northeast of Sevierville, TN.  I visited the site many moons ago, but recently just noticed this new area for TN Valley folks.

Anyway, looking forward to posting from time to time.  Wish I'd known ya'll were here before our 3 epic weeks of winter.  ;)

Hey guys,I have been following weather since I moved to the Nashville area in 2006.White house to be specific.I have been reading many weather forums for years but started following this one right before the February 16th storm that shifted north to Kentucky about a day before it was to hit us.I finally decided to try and learn how to read weather models and got a few subscriptions which has been just awesome and I only wish I had done it earlier as I don't have any winter storms to track.Anyways I'm glad you guys made a forum for all of Tennessee and look forward to following many spring and winter storms with everyone here.

Hey guys,I have been following weather since I moved to the Nashville area in 2006.White house to be specific.I have been reading many weather forums for years but started following this one right before the February 16th storm that shifted north to Kentucky about a day before it was to hit us.I finally decided to try and learn how to read weather models and got a few subscriptions which has been just awesome and I only wish I had done it earlier as I don't have any winter storms to track.Anyways I'm glad you guys made a forum for all of Tennessee and look forward to following many spring and winter storms with everyone here.

Welcome to the board Olhausen. Great to have you. I grew up in Gallatin, but worked a couple of summers at the Osh Kosh plant in White House while in college. I know your area well and look forward to your contributions on our board.

Howdy fellow East Tennesseeans (and everyone else in the Tennessee Valley Region).

Newbie here.  I live in the foothills of the Smokies, about 6 miles east-northeast of Sevierville, TN.  I visited the site many moons ago, but recently just noticed this new area for TN Valley folks.

Anyway, looking forward to posting from time to time.  Wish I'd known ya'll were here before our 3 epic weeks of winter.  ;)

Just wanted to welcome you and apologize for not getting your prelim posts approved...I was on vacation and out of pocket for a while. You should be good to go now and we welcome your contributions to this great subforum!

Just wanted to welcome you and apologize for not getting your prelim posts approved...I was on vacation and out of pocket for a while. You should be good to go now and we welcome your contributions to this great subforum!

Hey, thanks for the assist!  Glad to be here.  :thumbsup:

• 5 years later...