• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Welcome!

Mr Bob

Your passion for this is appreciated my friend!

Interestingly, they didn't ask for anything. They thought it was a good idea and did it. But thank you for the kind words. Though, I did kick in a small amount in honor of the occasion. I enjoy spending time here, so it is money well spent. Mr. Bob deserves the lion's share of the credit. He asked and was willing to return as a mod.

Ok, everyone. We have our board, post a bit. You don't have to be super experienced. You can always use the banter for lighter comments. Good to see you all here...glad to see it.

Great to see this sub forum! Exciting to see weather talk concerning us folks on the west side of the mountains. Job well done on getting this going.

Thanks for adding the sub forum! I think we owe someone a :beer:

Yes thank you, I decided to join the board because you did this.

Good to find this subforum a few hours before I die in a tornado.  Nashville, here.  Never was sure if I was supposed to post in the Southeast or Ohio Valley subforums.

Love it!!

Thank you for creating this sub-forum. I'd often post two distinct discussions for west and east of the Apps. Now they can both be posted in their respective sub-forums. It'll be clearer for both. Keep in mind it's perfectly acceptable to post in another sub-forum, long as we match the region. In fact it probably adds value and knowledge. They do that a lot for Northeast storms crossing multiple regions. In spring I live in Central/West due to the severe and since I'm from there. However now the Tennessee Valley is home, and I'm glad we have a sub-forum. Cheers!

Thank you for creating this sub-forum. I'd often post two distinct discussions for west and east of the Apps. Now they can both be posted in their respective sub-forums. It'll be clearer for both. Keep in mind it's perfectly acceptable to post in another sub-forum, long as we match the region. In fact it probably adds value and knowledge. They do that a lot for Northeast storms crossing multiple regions. In spring I live in Central/West due to the severe and since I'm from there. However now the Tennessee Valley is home, and I'm glad we have a sub-forum. Cheers!

Welcome Jeff, really looking forward to your insights this year.  It's great to see you in this subforum.  Hope you have a great finish to your week.

i also appreciate this forum but honestly am afraid to make any posts......because in the other forum it seems newbies really get jumped on for daring to comment and i am seeing a good bit of the same stuff here lately........NOBODY knows the future yet is seems far too many think they can predict the weather......i also note it is only a few that do it, but in the other forum it seems the MODS are among that few....hopefully this will become a decent location for folks seeking info and offering opinion.

i also appreciate this forum but honestly am afraid to make any posts......because in the other forum it seems newbies really get jumped on for daring to comment and i am seeing a good bit of the same stuff here lately........NOBODY knows the future yet is seems far too many think they can predict the weather......i also note it is only a few that do it, but in the other forum it seems the MODS are among that few....hopefully this will become a decent location for folks seeking info and offering opinion.

Welcome to our subforum Bill.  Nice to see you posting.   I highly recommend you post, and post often.  It's all a part of trying to become more informed when it comes to weather in our region. 

There will always be a few that rub people the wrong way or clash with another member's personality, but I highly encourage you to post your thoughts and observations.  As long as the posts aren't attacking another member and are on topic you will be fine. 

I welcome disagreements about weather, if done with information (models and analysis) and not just someone's opinion pulled out of the air.  If someone gets out of line, our mods will address that as we go along.  Again, it's great to have you.  We look forward to hearing from you in the future!

ty for the response......i have a weather station here in an area not well covered and mostly will post observations during actual events.....having been here for over 13 years now,and having seen storms that could not possibly miss here do exactly that i do KNOW getting snow around here is very rare.....i dont attempt to make forecasts because of understanding how difficult it is and dont want to give the effort in something i consider to be an exercise in futility....but DO thank those taking that time and making their attempts

Based on this post, Bill, you will do well in here! Please feel free to fire away. There are some who come in brash and the old school will try to take a chunk out of them...but if you enjoy reading the board, then I think you won't have any problems. Welcome aboard!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jason. I've been around here for awhile, but never posting, just reading. I'm glad you guys switched to storm mode, as it forced me to join, which I should have a long time ago anyway! I've always been interested in weather, since I was a kid, and have seen many amazing storms, esp. growing up in N MS during the 80's and 90's. Anyways, I know some of you from various and sundry places, but I am certainly glad to meet more of you. My favorite weather, I guess, if you could call it that is winter weather. I'm no expert, but really enjoy learning about it. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here on this board!  Now, let's track some storms!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jason. I've been around here for awhile, but never posting, just reading. I'm glad you guys switched to storm mode, as it forced me to join, which I should have a long time ago anyway! I've always been interested in weather, since I was a kid, and have seen many amazing storms, esp. growing up in N MS during the 80's and 90's. Anyways, I know some of you from various and sundry places, but I am certainly glad to meet more of you. My favorite weather, I guess, if you could call it that is winter weather. I'm no expert, but really enjoy learning about it. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here on this board!  Now, let's track some storms!

Welcome Jed, glad you joined us!

Happy to see this here.  I know my immediate area isn't REALLY in the exact Tennessee Valley itself, but if we're going to let discussion include areas as far south as the Birmingham CWA/television market area, you'll start seeing a lot of me during severe weather threats...

Fred,  Great to have you aboard!  I have been amazed at how your neck of the woods has become a 2nd tornado alley over the past decade and look forward to hearing from you on the board often.

Fred,  Great to have you aboard!  I have been amazed at how your neck of the woods has become a 2nd tornado alley over the past decade and look forward to hearing from you on the board often.

If there's one thing I can promise you, it's not some new trend.  We've always been like this here in about the northern half or two-thirds of Alabama.  We're just getting more publicity recently because of what happened in 2011, and more storm chasers are venturing into Dixie Alley than years past.  As of the April 27, 2011 event.... but before 2013.... our state led the way in number of F5/EF5 tornadoes since 1950..... beating both Oklahoma and Kansas.

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

The longer I think about the subject of which sub-forum best fits NW GA the more I think my weather is more like N AL, TN than NC and SC.  I understand there isn't much that can be done about being in-between two sub-forums. Just my two cents, really thinking I will be posting here more than the SE forum. 

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

The longer I think about the subject of which sub-forum best fits NW GA the more I think my weather is more like N AL, TN than NC and SC.  I understand there isn't much that can be done about being in-between two sub-forums. Just my two cents, really thinking I will be posting here more than the SE forum. 

I agree with you, Atlanta is much further west obviously than NC and SC.  But we still get the "wedge" that the TN valley does not.  Case in point today..

• 2 months later...

Hello guys, I am in the mountains of TRI.  I've read the forum for a couple of years now and I am glad they split up NC from TN.  The SE forum is really the north Carolina club, which their's nothing wrong with that except they don't use location qualifiers over there.  You'll often see this :axe:  or :weenie:  based on model runs that they give no location for.  I will be primarily in the banter forum as I have much to read and learn first, but I am glad to be in the tenn forum where people at least strive for objectivity and use the necessary qualifiers etc