Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA/fringes of MD - December 2013 continued

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that, but a disturbing trend I've noticed watching the latest radar loops, is that as any heavier precipitation moves northeast toward Schuylkill County, it seems to be being "eaten up" by something. The first of the heavier bands kind of fell apart just before reaching here, and while we had a burst of heavier snow, it was quite brief. What looks like a good slug of heavier echos, to the tune of 20+ dbz seems to be tapering off as it moves northeast toward Harrisburg and beyond.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but here is the latest (time sensitive) radar loop. I think you all will see what I mean...

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/northeast_loop.php

I am in the same boat you are...and it is disappointing.  Only thing I can think of is we are caught between areas of best lift, split between the best upper level support closer to the path of the 850 low and the lift associated with the developing secondary low.   The primary tracked north of yesterdays forecast and the upper level energy was stronger then models showed 24 hours ago when things looked better for our area. 

I am in the same boat you are...and it is disappointing.  Only thing I can think of is we are caught between areas of best lift, split between the best upper level support closer to the path of the 850 low and the lift associated with the developing secondary low.   The primary tracked north of yesterdays forecast and the upper level energy was stronger then models showed 24 hours ago when things looked better for our area. 

Even now, there are 20+dbz echos all around us, but a lighter hole right up along and east of I-81 through the heart of Schuylkill County.

You'll be right around normal then.

I suppose WE are, but considering areas around us, we are below what a good part of the state has seen so far this season.

No matter what happens rest of the way with this storm, if you told me back in October I'd be well into double digits for snow on Dec 15, I'd take it. Same with UNV.

Been a heck of a week!!

This storm the models was pretty much in agreement that almost the whole state was going to see snow.

Would say I'm pushing 5" will go out and measure in about 1/2hr.

Even now, there are 20+dbz echos all around us, but a lighter hole right up along and east of I-81 through the heart of Schuylkill County.

I suppose WE are, but considering areas around us, we are below what a good part of the state has seen so far this season.

I'd say it's not a bad start for you as well. This storm is pretty good.

That's one thing I wonder about with the Internet. Pre-Internet, if I was you all I knew was I was getting a decent storm and I had no idea about who was getting a jackpot or whether I was supposed to feel screwed. Now you read about other people's snow. Maybe ignorance was bliss.

Okay so we all got suckered in to the higher amounts over the last 24-36 hrs. Things to keep in mind:

1) Minimal precip issues

2) Everyone saw something

3) It's early December

Doing okay, on the whole...

The NAM is the most evil form of artificial intelligence this side of the Terminator. It knows it is messing with us.

I'd say it's not a bad start for you as well. This storm is pretty good.

That's one thing I wonder about with the Internet. Pre-Internet, if I was you all I knew was I was getting a decent storm and I had no idea about who was getting a jackpot or whether I was supposed to feel screwed. Now you read about other people's snow. Maybe ignorance was bliss.

There is a lot of truth to this post.

Archived