Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA/fringes of MD - December 2013 continued

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still squeezing some decent snow at times out of the tail end of the best precip,some signs of potential mixing on radar in Cambria County via the corellation coefficient product. Would like to hear some ground obs from our Cambria County folks. Sitting at about 6.5" here. 

I have switched to a light freezing rain. Temp 30.

6.8" let's see what we can do!!

PAZ004>006-010>012-037-041-042-045-046-150900-/O.CON.KCTP.WS.W.0008.000000T0000Z-131215T0900Z/WARREN-MCKEAN-POTTER-ELK-CAMERON-NORTHERN CLINTON-TIOGA-NORTHERN LYCOMING-SULLIVAN-SOUTHERN CLINTON-SOUTHERN LYCOMING-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WARREN...BRADFORD...COUDERSPORT...ST. MARYS...RIDGWAY...EMPORIUM...RENOVO...MANSFIELD...WELLSBORO...LAPORTE...LOCK HAVEN...WILLIAMSPORT559 PM EST SAT DEC 14 2013...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY...* LOCATIONS...NORTH-CENTRAL MOUNTAINS.* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW.* TIMING...MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO  LOCALLY 2 INCHES PER HOUR WILL CONTINUE THIS EVENING. THE SNOW  WILL START TO TAPER OFF AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Edit:

A LIGHT SNOWFALL OF 1 TO 3 INCHES IS EXPECTED TUESDAY AS AN ALBERTACLIPPER MOVES ACROSS THE REGION. THE HIGHER SNOW AMOUNTS WILL BEACROSS THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE STATE. ANOTHER SIGNIFICANT STORMIS POSSIBLE NEXT SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY...WITH RAIN OR MIXEDPRECIPITATION.

Just measured 3.3" so far after the death band passed through depositing about 0.7" in about 20 minutes.  I think there are some ice pellets beginning to sound off out there, but still primarily snow.   Temp down further now to 27.1 degrees.  Pressure still falling rapidly at 0.04" / hour.

We reached the 3" mark which makes me happy.  Everything nicely covered looking quite scenic with Christmas lights lighting up the bushes. 

If I reach 4.0" I will have verified the forecasted low end without reaching the warning criteria.  Still a great start to our winter season.

>>>Just checked outside and have gone over to about 60% sleet / 40% snow.  The death band has done it's dirty work it would seem.<<<

Looks like a likely final snow total of 3.5".  Don't have a measurement for sleet.  I guess the ice will be showing up in the near future.

Thanks, and actually upon close review.. very close to sounding the pinger alert here. Pretty sure it's all snow yet still but flakes seemed like they're rimed, you can hear them hitting. 

Thought i noticed the same thing earlier. Was hard to tell though because there is a bit of a gusty wind out there.

Archived