Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA/fringes of MD - December 2013 continued

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen quite a bit of banter about the precip line approaching.  Won't the radar fill back in with the transfer of energy and the formation of the secondary low?  The pressure falls off of North Carolina indicate that this might be happening farther south as secondary was forecast to form off of Delaware.  Any thoughts on this?

I've seen quite a bit of banter about the precip line approaching. Won't the radar fill back in with the transfer of energy and the formation of the secondary low? The pressure falls off of North Carolina indicate that this might be happening farther south as secondary was forecast to form off of Delaware. Any thoughts on this?

Usually that's when the precip shuts off

To the west and begins to organize around the redeveloping low pressure.

I've seen quite a bit of banter about the precip line approaching.  Won't the radar fill back in with the transfer of energy and the formation of the secondary low?  The pressure falls off of North Carolina indicate that this might be happening farther south as secondary was forecast to form off of Delaware.  Any thoughts on this?

Probably not much. If anything it could cause the dry slot to speed up as precip consolidates toward the coast.The coastal wouldn't throw precip back unless the mid level lows closed off, allowing for a comma head band to develop on the NW side. The mid level flow will remain out of the west, so the dry slot will keep moving.

Probably not much. If anything it could cause the dry slot to speed up as precip consolidates toward the coast.The coastal wouldn't throw precip back unless the mid level lows closed off, allowing for a comma head band to develop on the NW side. The mid level flow will remain out of the west, so the dry slot will keep moving.

It is moving pretty fast but we have some heavy snow to come before it ends.

Looks like fun times at the linc again! Wow. And any chance some of those dry areas south and west will fill in? Not likely with the coastal beginning to take shape.

I have a weather app on my phone that does a future radar forecast. I don't how good it is, but, for what it's worth, it never has that dry slot making it here.

Based off of the mPING reports and Dual Pol Sterling Radar...there are some huge snowflakes in the brighter reflective working up from MD.  East of I-83 might see a quick 2" of snow.  That might help us sweak out the low end numbers on the warning...but only if it's snow and nothing else.

This might help explain what i was experiencing....there were HUGE flakes at the time. Could have been high water content in them.

Archived