Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 12/14-15 The bad pattern storm

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really!?!? I feel like I have had my fill of fail and the fail has only just begun.

Ji doesn't need to cancel winter.

I am cancelling my own winter and moving to florida where I won't have to "enjoy" the never-ending failures that occur here on a regular basis.

If it isn't going to snow...I might as well be warm!

I'm with Ian. I don't really care how we get there. They can all be 1" storms. Gives me lots of stuff to track anyways. I do like the puzzle and challenge regardless. Even though I post a lot and toss loads of sarcasm on busts it doesn't really get to me much at all. Maybe for a few minutes. Then I kill a squirrel in the back yard with a slingshot and I start feeling good again.

I'm with Ian. I don't really care how we get there. They can all be 1" storms. Gives me lots of stuff to track anyways. I do like the puzzle and challenge regardless. Even though I post a lot and toss loads of sarcasm on busts it doesn't really get to me much at all. Maybe for a few minutes. Then I kill a squirrel in the back yard with a slingshot and I start feeling good again.

Well, just to be clear.. I hate that we "underperformed" today. I won't deny that. 3" was my benchmark and I'd lie at 2" (as per text to Randy/Matt ;))... But, at this point what the heck.  Compared to the last few winters it's nice to already be tallying up some numbers at this point.  We have to take our victories where we can.

This year still so much better than last year. I know lots of people are disappointed with today event, but better to have a chance at snow than no chance at all.

this storm turned wintier in a hurry....yesterday at best it was a mix with no snow...now its mostly snow N and W

Well, just to be clear.. I hate that we "underperformed" today. I won't deny that. 3" was my benchmark and I'd lie at 2" (as per text to Randy/Matt ;))... But, at this point what the heck.  Compared to the last few winters it's nice to already be tallying up some numbers at this point.  We have to take our victories where we can.

At least there are events to track and they seem to be wet.

this storm turned wintier in a hurry....yesterday at best it was a mix with no snow...now its mostly snow N and W

I see folks biting in the thread here. I know the long timers know what to expect but it's worth pointing some stuff out for someone who looks at panels and gets excited.

Primary low into OH means we lose 850's at some point. Maybe a front end thump to dryslot. That would be great imo. But unless that low jumps further south or the primary dies super quick (models show it hanging on and even if they didn't the primary ALWAYS hangs on longer than we'd like it too).

Once the jump happens we are usually at the losing end because of latitude. We have to wait and wait and wait as the column "gets right" again and typically by the time it gets just right we are watching all the precip pulling away from philly and SNE getting destroyed beyond recognition.

If there is anything to watch on models it's how strong and where the primary dies. Then subtract a few mb's and move it 50-100 miles north. If it's showing the low dying in kentucky and reforming off the va capes then I might be interested in something after the front end.

I see folks biting in the thread here. I know the long timers know what to expect but it's worth pointing some stuff out for someone who looks at panels and gets excited.

Primary low into OH means we lose 850's at some point. Maybe a front end thump to dryslot. That would be great imo. But unless that low jumps further south or the primary dies super quick (models show it hanging on and even if they didn't the primary ALWAYS hangs on longer than we'd like it too).

Once the jump happens we are usually at the losing end because of latitude. We have to wait and wait and wait as the column "gets right" again and typically by the time it gets just right we are watching all the precip pulling away from philly and SNE getting destroyed beyond recognition.

If there is anything to watch on models it's how strong and where the primary dies. Then subtract a few mb's and move it 50-100 miles north. If it's showing the low dying in kentucky and reforming off the va capes then I might be interested in something after the front end.

Bob many of the posters here are most likely interested in the decent front end precip the Euro brings in in the first place. 

I am just frustrated and don't feel like being drawn in again to a event that won't happen most likely.  Granted the Euro may be right again... who knows

I've always felt that around hour 84-148 or so is when the Euro seems to verify the highest relative to the other models.  It's kind of it's wheelhouse. 

Archived