• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snow/Ice Event 10-9/10-10 Miss/TN/Alabama

John1122

Temp now at 40 as the cold air at the surface slowly works in from the northwest. Have that feeling that it won't pan out but should be fun to watch. QPF has slightly increased on last few runs and radar looks good. Cumberland plateau should get 2-4 inches after the switch (if it doesn't start as snow) as temps already are at freezing.

This is shaping up to be an impacting event for these areas and there was no thread for it at all. So I figured it was needed. 

JKL's evening discussion says that their I-75 corridor counties in Southern KY have the potential to see up to 4 inches in areas where it's all snow. 

How much rain/zr/sleet falls will have a big impact of potential accums of course. It's going to be close for any area East of I-75/South of 1-40 on getting much frozen to accumulate.

According to the RAP, it looks to me like 850 temps might be good to go for the plateau for several hours of snow.  The valley might see a token flake.  Hard to say how much ice will muck with things though as temps drop.  Temp up to 40 now from 38 here earlier.  Not expecting anything noteworthy for Knoxville.

Just started here, it's sleet/rain and 34, the temp went up a degree right before the precip started reaching the surface. I wouldn't be shocked to see several hours of rain, as my sounding was on the borderline.

Seems legit.

dxqhs.jpg

Hopefully I wake up to a backend flizzard and you end up with a couple of inches.  Probably the best we can hope for with this one.

Archived