Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mitchnick Mauler Snow Forecast Contest

DDweatherman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was actually my 2nd choice to 4-5-6 but I figured no way they would be the same because even if they were all at 4, DCA would report 3 or less

Yeah, probably not. My initial numbers had DCA 3.5, the others a little higher but then I started looking at 45 different things and was tempted to make DCA higher than BWI and figured it's just too late to think. ;) If it comes together mostly right we all should do pretty well but someone will probably still end up cashing in more than expected.

grhqofb5 looks like the winner most likely because he had the lowest cumulative number. Any reports out of IAD on snow? They're the only station that may have received over 2"

Yes, he won with a composite of just 1.1 inches off the actuals (0.9 DCA, 1.3 BWI, 2.1 IAD).  He also was closest on DCA and BWI, at 0.1 off each, but Leesburg04 and Swiscaster edged him out at IAD, as they were off by only 0.5 each, compared with his 0.9.  

Yes, he won with a composite of just 1.1 inches off the actuals (0.9 DCA, 1.3 BWI, 2.1 IAD).  He also was closest on DCA and BWI, at 0.1 off each, but Leesburg04 and Swiscaster edged him out at IAD, as they were off by only 0.5 each, compared with his 0.9.  

Thats true, the final totals were DCA 0.9, BWI 1.3 and IAD 2.1 right? I'll put together a list of the people tonight. Congrats grhqofb5 on a forecast we couldn't nail!

Do you think I should take the time to put together a list of how badly everyone did? Or most would be okay with declaring grhqofb5 the winner.

We could take a vote. My vote is F no on seeing the tally. It's nothing but an itemized list of smashed hopes and dreams. Other's can chime in. Maybe declare top 3. I'm only about 107 entries below that. 

Do you think I should take the time to put together a list of how badly everyone did? Or most would be okay with declaring grhqofb5 the winner.

Either way, but you might send a copy of the forecasts to members of the Redskins special teams -- it will cheer them up to know that there is a group in the Mid-Atlantic that underperformed them over the past three days. :poster_oops:  

Either way, but you might send a copy of the forecasts to members of the Redskins special teams -- it will cheer them up to know that there is a group in the Mid-Atlantic that underperformed them over the past three days. :poster_oops:  

Oh Lord, I think we'll congratulate grhqofb5 and call it a day! 

1st: grhqofb5

2nd: Leesburg 04

3rd: Swiscaster 

4th: Gopper

The rest of us, not so good. Hope I can hold a more successful set of forecasts next time. 

Archived