joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it running or you literally could not get into your car? After running that long I would think everything melted.

Couldnt get in the first few minutes, took the rest of the time to defrost the front and rear enough for the wipers to do anything. I was also using my kids' toy beach shovel lol

:lmao:

I was just mentioning to someone about back in the day before keyless entry was standard and cars just sucked more, how the locks and doors would freeze shut and you literally could not get into your car until it thawed out.

So now when you break your arm pulling a frozen open door, you tear the rubber runner which winds around the inside of your door.

Same headache......

0z Euro ensembles and it control only show 4 days of above starting D9  , then  the ridge gets beaten down by D13  . By the time we get to Fri , it will only show a 3 day warm up like it has been

doing  and  then the trough is back Dec 24 .

Canada stays cold , all Northerly flow ,and already by D9 - another shot in Western Canada is aimed ESE .

The 12z GFS shows 3-4" of rain next week and it's well supported by the 12z GEFS ensembles. We warm up starting early next week.

not early next week - maybe later in the week

SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN  

SNOW AND SLEET IN THE  

MORNING. HIGHS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.    

SUNDAY NIGHT  

PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S.    

MONDAY  

MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S.    

MONDAY NIGHT  

PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 20.    

TUESDAY  

PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S.    

TUESDAY NIGHT  

MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S.    

WEDNESDAY  

MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S.  

The 12z GFS shows 3-4" of rain next week and it's well supported by the 12z GEFS

ensembles. We warm up starting early next week.

The warm starts next fri and is 3 days long. By the following Monday u can see minus 40 air headed down the front range of the rockies then head east by day 14 on the Euro ensembles. Nothing in the pattern has changed. The trough pulls back and reloads and the warm up is muted by the continuing ejections of PV SE out of Canada. Hang in there xmas Eve and xmas look cold.

Archived