• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/8 - 12/9 2nd wave OBS

UlsterCountySnowZ

I agree 100%. There's a much higher chance of freezing rain than there was before. The models have underestimated the low level cold and there's now snow cover on top of that.

the models really didn't do a good job at all, nowcasting reined supreme here. going to be some reports of ice by the morning especially away from the coast for a hairy morning commute

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this has happened LOTS of times with our recent coastal transfer events. the transfer causes the holes in the radar and widespread panic and weenie-suicides often occur. there will be a second wave from the developing low, just sit back and watch it unfold :pimp:

Lmao...I know what you mean... And now that u mention it I went back and looked at the 12z rgem and it has the second wave currently south of us cause the real energy transfer not the first wave that went by... I think we may still have a shot at some snow but the timing was way off..

Has anyone looked at the radar recently? Is anyone else on here as confused as I am as to what these models are still showing compared to what's happening lol I dont think I've ever experienced this

Yes, blobs of precip down in VA moving northeast. Question is..what's it gonna be when it gets here..lol

Archived