Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/8 - 12/9 2nd wave OBS

UlsterCountySnowZ

Why are you still looking at the model?

He had it changing much earlier but cold air is really not budging like the models thought so he just changed it. He's not the only one saying this now.

It's like what DT said... Old man winter is telling the models to kiss his ass... Lol

Every model still has it crossing our area around then so we'll see.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With intensification comes Easterly winds with this system  ,your best bet  was to hang onto the WAA as long as you could . Usually the storm deepens and the winds turn NE and lock in cold air  , that mechanism isn't there .The surface may not budge , so u prob sleet sooner and longer , But I  don't see 4 in  CPK as Steve D does .

With intensification comes Easterly winds with this system ,your best bet was to hang onto the WAA as long as you could . Usually the storm deepens and the winds turn NE and lock in cold air , that mechanism isn't there .The surface may not budge , so u prob sleet sooner and longer , But I don't see 4 in CPK as Steve D does .

Actually Steve is now saying winds have shifted to the north along the coast now which no model had. Thinks low may be developing further east.

NEW YORK OBSERVATIONS for Sun Dec 08 at 05:00 PM EST

T TD RH WIND GUST ALSTG SLP VIS CLOUDS WX PR6 PR24 SC

Station F F % deg kts kts in Hg mb mi 100ftCOV in in in

NEW YORK CITY 31 23 72 60 at 7 30.54 1033.4 1.0 21 OVC S- ...KNYC

NEW YORK/JFK 32 22 66 60 at 5 30.54 1034.0 3 33 OVC S- ...KJFK

NEW YORK/LGA 31 21 66 40 at 10 30.53 1033.7 1.5 29 OVC S- ...KLGA

Steve D just increased amounts for NYC 2-4. Expects changeover around 4AM in NYC but wouldn't be too surprised if change was delayed.

Precip ending tomorrow morning.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. NYC will be lucky to get close to an inch and mostly on colder surfaces.

Couple hours? The back edge is already moving into western Jersey. It will be over very shortly.

In fact the snow intensity is down to light now. You can see the blue and light blue echoes on Mount Holly radar taking over, with the back edge in western Jersey. I don't know what people are looking at if they think we still have a couple hours to go.

In fact the snow intensity is down to light now. You can see the blue and light blue echoes on Mount Holly radar taking over, with the back edge in western Jersey. I don't know what people are looking at if they think we still have a couple hours to go.

Things could change with the low moving up the coast and precip pivoting in from the east.  Not saying that would happen.

post-1009-0-65076500-1386542747_thumb.gi

Archived