• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/8 - 12/9 2nd wave OBS

UlsterCountySnowZ

Nothing falling north of the Raritan River in NJ and it is really becoming a now forecasting day with little indication on exactly what is going to happen the rest of this storm - seeems like the cold dry air is winning out so far in this storm

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?num=6&delay=15&scale=1.00&noclutter=0&ID=DIX&type=N0R&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&showstorms=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0&MR=1

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2 hours everybody will be in snow..it's going exactly how the models had it

not sure I agree...VA is much drier than expected.   No model had 6+ for Philly.  Looking at radar, the back edge is through Western PA and racing east--looks dry west of there so not sure where the NYC snow comes from....

not sure I agree...VA is much drier than expected. No model had 6+ for Philly. Looking at radar, the back edge is through Western PA and racing east--looks dry west of there so not sure where the NYC snow comes from....

Our snow isn't coming from there. It's coming up from the south. For the love of god just let things play out for once. The weeniesm and whining and jealousy is out of control.

Upton :

BEFORE 21Z...LOWERED POPS SLIGHTLY WITH DRY CONDITIONS AND STRONG
BANDING OF PRECIP STAYING SOUTH AND WEST OF THE REGION. TEMPS WERE
LOWERED AGAIN WITH OTHERWISE NO REMARKABLE CHANGES. THINKING HERE
THAT THE MAIN BAND STAYS SOUTH OF THE REGION BUT MORE PRECIP WOULD
DEVELOP WITHIN THE CWA AND NEAR IT OVER THE NEXT 2-3 HOURS. RADAR
RETURNS WILL CONVEY MORE FILLING IN.

Our snow isn't coming from there. It's coming up from the south. For the love of god just let things play out for once. The weeniesm and whining and jealousy is out of control.

I'm not whining and being jealous-you'll note my prior post congratulating folks that got snow-I've seen enough snow here the past 10 yrs to be happy forever, so no biggie that this one is going to miss most of us.....I'm happy for the folks getting it, I'm just looking at radar and current trends and saying what I think-models have been horrible with this system, so not going with snow just because some model said it would be here by x hour.

I don't see much whining. It's frustrating to see another mega snow band 30 miles away from you and not moving. Nothing wrong with that. When it turns into personal attacks is when people should take time outs.

Archived